Who’s going tonight???

CaldicotDevil

ST holders for football, rugby etc don't get discount on food, beverages or merch, why should ice hockey be any different?
If they're making a price increase on ST it would make no sense to then discount elsewhere, it just cancels out any revenue you just gained.
Think they need to to be honest. The Devils are trying to attract families. Why because the kids want all the merch in the shop whether it'll be start of the season or for Xmas. They go to the games and they want Mum or Dad to splash out on a grazing shed or a drink every week. Probably cost about £30 for a family of four. Hopefully the kids start playing hockey and go to the shop for skates and pads. Basically kids are hugely profitable. Todds smart and knows this.

If you were to have a 2+2 family ST at Sheffield. If they had a 5% increase to a Steeler ST, a 2+2 would cost £1029 next year. At the Devils a ST 2+2 would be £1508 for a silver ticket. That's huge.

Two of us go, we don't have kids. I understand the increase and will renew our tickets next year. However I think they need to offer a gesture, whether it's discounts or family tickets and look to make the money up else where. If my parents didnt take me when I was young to the WNIR then I wouldn't be a ST now. If you keep raising the ST for families we're hurting the future of the club.

Kevlar68

I may be wrong but the grazing shed will have independent pricing and will be paying the rink for the space, same with the bar as its coors branded so those prices would be set by the companies and not the devils org.
So the only thing actually owned by the devils org is the shop.

As for comparing our season tickets to steelers they have a bigger capacity so can sell more for less and still have revenue way above ours, for us to keep up with the big boys we have to sell our tickets at higher price as less seats to sell.

Just a example, if we sold 1000 tickets out of 3,088 capacity for £400 a ticket we'd make 400,000, the steelers only have to sell 2000 out of 13,600 capacity (it says) for 200 and make the same money and still have 11,600 seats to sell and Sheffield has around 200,000 more population than Cardiff.

Its all about the numbers, that's the way i see it anyway.

Last edited:
Think they need to to be honest. The Devils are trying to attract families. Why because the kids want all the merch in the shop whether it'll be start of the season or for Xmas. They go to the games and they want Mum or Dad to splash out on a grazing shed or a drink every week. Probably cost about £30 for a family of four. Hopefully the kids start playing hockey and go to the shop for skates and pads. Basically kids are hugely profitable. Todds smart and knows this.

If you were to have a 2+2 family ST at Sheffield. If they had a 5% increase to a Steeler ST, a 2+2 would cost £1029 next year. At the Devils a ST 2+2 would be £1508 for a silver ticket. That's huge.

Two of us go, we don't have kids. I understand the increase and will renew our tickets next year. However I think they need to offer a gesture, whether it's discounts or family tickets and look to make the money up else where. If my parents didnt take me when I was young to the WNIR then I wouldn't be a ST now. If you keep raising the ST for families we're hurting the future of the club.
As far as I’m aware Sheffield season ticket is for a fair few less games

CaldicotDevil

I may be wrong but the grazing shed will have independent pricing and will be paying the rink for the space, same with the bar as its coors branded so those prices would be set by the companies and not the devils org.
So the only thing actually owned by the devils org is the shop.

As for comparing our season tickets to steelers they have a bigger capacity so can sell more for less and still have revenue way above ours, for us to keep up with the big boys we have to sell our tickets at higher price as less seats to sell.
Eihl clubs have struck deals with outside catering firms, can't see why we can't do it on to inside catering firms. Maybe tie it in with a sponsorship package.

TK probably the best Gm in the league, the C4 are cracking business minds. So it just surprises me they haven't done a family friendly package. Like I said it doesn't really affect me but it will affect some.

terry hunt

No early bird prices or monthly payment options as yet?
Increase approx 5-6%
Looks like the DD option appears when you fill in the application form.

Last edited:

jimmy snels

ST holders for football, rugby etc don't get discount on food, beverages or merch, why should ice hockey be any different?
If they're making a price increase on ST it would make no sense to then discount elsewhere, it just cancels out any revenue you just gained.

yes they do get discounts on merchandise at lots of other sports clubs.

jimmy snels

To be honest I've been contemplating for some time knocking my ST on the head. The cost of it is becoming huge, no league only option etc and costs of being there (bar food etc) have never been so high either. coupled with a poorer game to watch from an entertainment stand point, nearly 500 notes might not work for me at all. I miss a few games anyway but enjoyed the hassle free seating. I might seriously look at just buying tickets for belfast steelers Nottingham and more champions league stuff but just well in advance.

Hedd Wyn John

Anything on the actual event? Was it a good evening?
Yes it was a good event plus they're obviously trying to sweeten the deal for ST buyers. There was a 10% discount on merch last night which was good and looks like there'll be more events next year. The exclusive ST holder Jersey sounds interesting.

Ger-Devils

Yes it was a good event plus they're obviously trying to sweeten the deal for ST buyers. There was a 10% discount on merch last night which was good and looks like there'll be more events next year. The exclusive ST holder Jersey sounds interesting.
They’re also offering discount each month on merchandise.

terry hunt

To be honest I've been contemplating for some time knocking my ST on the head. The cost of it is becoming huge, no league only option etc and costs of being there (bar food etc) have never been so high either. coupled with a poorer game to watch from an entertainment stand point, nearly 500 notes might not work for me at all. I miss a few games anyway but enjoyed the hassle free seating. I might seriously look at just buying tickets for belfast steelers Nottingham and more champions league stuff but just well in advance.
I find this hard to believe Jimmy you are a Devils addict and will miss your fix

Chris

Administrator
Who still has their 100 club jersey? ;)