Which new player are you looking forward to seeing play

Slartibartfast

Thread starter #1
Hopefully logo gate is dying down so its time to start looking forward to the season. Which new player are you most looking forward to seeing play.?
While Jamie Arniel is a top contender with 50 points in the AHL (though some time ago) and decent stats in DEL2, for me the guy I can't wait to see is Cole Ully. He has similar stats in the WHL to Sanford and is a bit younger than Arniel. I have a feeling he is going to play a similar style to Sanford and Cox and will rack up a lot of points for us.

Really looking forward to seeing Cody Donaghey. Watched him in the ECHL and excited to see what he brings to the Devils. Always excited to see Joey Martin smashing them in. Looking forward to Justin Crandall returning to form and regaining his place as top assist in the league.

Rymsha, Donaghey and Booth. Always had respect for and an interest in the defensive side of sports/players. Also looking forward to seeing what Pete Russell does with the D (giggity!).

Mooney#16

Not so much a player but the more I’ve looked at the team I’m looking forward to an improvement in consistency. Every player needs to be turning up game in game out or they’ll be sitting. The 6 Brits signed means every player has the same level of accountability be it import or Brit so they need to be fully committed.

Personally I am looking forward to Arneil though. He’s a legit centre man who I think will balance pressure with Joey M so hopefully both thrive especially on the PP which hopefully will be very strong.

My starting line up is

Rhymsha - Crawford
Donaghey - Ritchie
Batch - Mosey

Cox - Martin - Sanford
Ully - Arneil - Barrow
Crandall - Busch - Waller
Brandt - Davies - Pieteoniro

Unfortunately and not that I don’t rate him in anyway but Duggy will need to play himself into the line up. That squad is rapid over all 4 lines though. Obviously big pressure on Crandall and Batchy to have bounce back seasons as they will be pivotal in ensuring the strength in depth is a legit game plan.

I don’t want to see Crawford anywhere near a PK unit. That is not his game. Leave that to Rhymsha, Ritchie, Batch and Mosey. Crawford and Donaghey QB PP1 and PP2.

If the team master PR tactics I think they have tools to be successful. I think the only thing fans might need to understand is this will be a rapid team playing fast hockey but for some I don’t think it will be as bang crash as they would like and enjoy. The puck is going to move around that ice quick though. What I do want is a team that dominates the slots and net fronts though. Sandpaper attitude to hang around in the traffic areas and battle for every inch.

The_Stick_

Most importantly, I think having a second PP QB is going to be essential. Last season it felt that role was constantly changing, with Thompson, Jardine and Richie all taking a spot there, with none of them proving to be effective. Crawford/Donahey as a 1/2 punch is a major improvement should Donaghey perform

moggy#9

Not so much a player but the more I’ve looked at the team I’m looking forward to an improvement in consistency. Every player needs to be turning up game in game out or they’ll be sitting. The 6 Brits signed means every player has the same level of accountability be it import or Brit so they need to be fully committed.

Personally I am looking forward to Arneil though. He’s a legit centre man who I think will balance pressure with Joey M so hopefully both thrive especially on the PP which hopefully will be very strong.

My starting line up is

Rhymsha - Crawford
Donaghey - Ritchie
Batch - Mosey

Cox - Martin - Sanford
Ully - Arneil - Barrow

Unfortunately and not that I don’t rate him in anyway but Duggy will need to play himself into the line up. That squad is rapid over all 4 lines though. Obviously big pressure on Crandall and Batchy to have bounce back seasons as they will be pivotal in ensuring the strength in depth is a legit game plan.

I don’t want to see Crawford anywhere near a PK unit. That is not his game. Leave that to Rhymsha, Ritchie, Batch and Mosey. Crawford and Donaghey QB PP1 and PP2.

If the team master PR tactics I think they have tools to be successful. I think the only thing fans might need to understand is this will be a rapid team playing fast hockey but for some I don’t think it will be as bang crash as they would like and enjoy. The puck is going to move around that ice quick though. What I do want is a team that dominates the slots and net fronts though. Sandpaper attitude to hang around in the traffic areas and battle for every inch.
It's an interesting one with duggy. He, along with Davies, is a very capable penalty killer. It will be a bit of a luxury if the squad stays fit and we can tailor the team for the opponents. It would be nice for preseason matches to be able to run 4 full lines, but afaik we no longer have any two ways to make the numbers up.

jenks33

My starting line up is

Rhymsha - Crawford
Donaghey - Ritchie
Batch - Mosey

Cox - Martin - Sanford
Ully - Arneil - Barrow

It will be a huge positive if PR can get Crawford going on the PP. It’s crazy really that he scored 57 points from defence last season and looked pretty poor on the PP for large parts. The ability is there he just looked panicky on the PP all season and I suspect it was the pressure of being Registers replacement that probably caused that, as well being the only Dman last season with offensive instincts. With Donaghey there this season hopefully that will take the pressure off crawford a bit

Last edited:

Ocko

It's an interesting one with duggy. He, along with Davies, is a very capable penalty killer. It will be a bit of a luxury if the squad stays fit and we can tailor the team for the opponents. It would be nice for preseason matches to be able to run 4 full lines, but afaik we no longer have any two ways to make the numbers up.
No way rolling 4 full lines. Forwards, yes. D, absolutely not. You just wouldn’t be able to get into the game.

Duggan unfortunately misses the cut for me when everyone is fit.

BostonBart22

No way rolling 4 full lines. Forwards, yes. D, absolutely not. You just wouldn’t be able to get into the game.

Duggan unfortunately misses the cut for me when everyone is fit.
Barrow for me , think he will be a surprise package injury free of course, out of the older ones returning crandall and batch must step up from the off , if not management be on their backs I'm sure, can't have players stealing a wage like some last season and nowt got done .

Devils86

Looking forward to seeing all the new players as there is a degree of curiosity. Whilst I hope that Barrow will be a bigger version of Waller I won't 'expect' him to be a game changer every week.

I expect Cole Ully to contribute massively this season, and Donaghey to be a more reliable source of points as our second offensive D-man.

osh

Replying to Simple question ….. albeit with tough answers, so here goes.
personally, I will be looking at every newcomer who is replacing those from last season. after watching what we were subjected to last season, any new player will be under the microscope simply because they are supposed to be an improvement from last season. Much depends on how PR employs his team. So, to simplify things in my humble opinion, I am hoping that every new player is an improvement on who they are replacing. Would reserve judgement until we give each individual new signing plays pre season games…..6 pre season games should be more than adequate time to asses who looks good or who may struggle.

Wannabe2

I have great faith in all our new signings, last seasons car crash was a wake up call. We have the players, we have the team, we have the fans, and we have the ownership to do a lot of damage this season, so let’s do this guys, it’s only 2 weeks away before we get to see our club in action, we are nearly there guys think we are all ready.