Wheres Dave Simms tonight ?

Gazza272

Qweeb said:
what was the score
Steelers won 6-1.

Nottingham put in one of the most feeble performances I have ever seen. Galbraith was a total waste of Space, Neilsons legs have gone. Felt really sorry for Billy Ryan tongiht as he seemed to be the only one to give a stuff.

Steelers work hard thoguh, really hard. Forechecking as hard in the 60th minute as they were in the first. Oh and their players actually seem to care and work for each other.

ASHIPP

I quite enjoy the new partnership of Simms and Thommo for the live match commentary. A good combination.
Wasn't too impressed with Shudra's comments about the Devils...but then, as a legendary Steeler, he has to big up his team.

Steelers did work as a team last night and deserved the points. However, I don't think they work harder or with any more passion and determination than the Devils. Panthers put on a very poor/tired performance in p2 and p3, errors that were punished by the Steelers. It made it easy for Sheffield to win.
The Devils and Steelers will be wary of capitalising on any weaknesses in eachother's games. :? The 19th/20th weekend will be massive.

Chris

Administrator
The Devils and Steelers will be wary of capitalising on any weaknesses in eachother's games.
Why would they be wary of capitalising on weaknesses from the other team?

Surely that's exactly what we should be doing?

Chris.

ASHIPP

Chris said:
The Devils and Steelers will be wary of capitalising on any weaknesses in eachother's games.
Why would they be wary of capitalising on weaknesses from the other team?

Surely that's exactly what we should be doing?

Chris.
I meant that the Steelers will be wary of making mistakes/exposing any weaknesses in their game because the Devils might capitalise on that.......and vice-versa. ;) Sorry if I didn't make myself clear. :lol: :roll:

Chris

Administrator
Oooooooh.

That makes sense now :)

But the same could potentially be said for us, our defense seems to be struggling a little bit recently, we really need them to step up tonight and hope Lyle plays a blinder!

Chris.

ASHIPP

Chris said:
Oooooooh.

That makes sense now :)

But the same could potentially be said for us, our defense seems to be struggling a little bit recently, we really need them to step up tonight and hope Lyle plays a blinder!

Chris.
Most definitely the same could be said about the Devils - Muskatovs virtually had a night off last night because most of the action was in front of the Panthers' goal. Talbot and Simon picked up quickly on errors made by Nottingham.
Devils will need to bring a water-tight game against Steelers and Giants, otherwise we know what will happen. :evil:

DevilDom

I thought this was supposed to be the biggest rivalry in European Hockey?

The Panties have no backbone - just like their coach. A completely spineless display, rolling over and letting the steelers humiliate them.

TheStub

Re: Re: Wheres Dave Simms tonight ?

DevilDom said:
I thought this was supposed to be the biggest rivalry in European Hockey?

The Panties have no backbone - just like their coach. A completely spineless display, rolling over and letting the steelers humiliate them.
They played for 20 minutes and then just rolled over to have their tummies tickled.

For all Sheffield played well, Nottingham folded - much like they did in the second half of the game on Wednesday (but without the 3 goal lead). Clueless and directionless with no passion, with #77 leading the style. If feel for the players.

At this point I truly believe that the Panthers have given up on everything this season and are just cruising to the end :( sad really when it seems like every player on the team has lost the will to fight for it, they don't seem to have any pride in themselves or each other.
Anyway, I've got money on you lot stuffing the squeelers, please don't let me down! :D

Gazza272

Lair-dweller said:
At this point I truly believe that the Panthers have given up on everything this season and are just cruising to the end :( sad really when it seems like every player on the team has lost the will to fight for it, they don't seem to have any pride in themselves or each other.
Anyway, I've got money on you lot stuffing the squeelers, please don't let me down! :D

Personally I think a lot of Panthers players took the TV opportunity to show a massive vote of no confidence in Coach Corey.

I must say, I am still raving about Simon's goal. Absolutely AM-A-ZING and a quality I havent seen in this League before. Very, very clever play - you can tell he is ex-NHL. Fantastic...

It did make it all the more sweet that it was Neilson who let him put it straight into the back of the net too.... :lol: Hey, thats #SexyNeilsonHockey - "Gifting the opposition chances since 2008" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ASHIPP

Simmsey will be enjoying tonight's game in Skydome. Steelers 1-0 up at end of p1. Campbell injured knee.
A win will see the Steelers with a points cushion the top of the league, although the Devils will have a game in hand...which they will need to WIN. :evil:

At Newcastle, Panthers leading 3-1 after p2. Lepine thrown out for fighting Prpich. Sounds tense.

TheStub

ASHIPP said:
Simmsey will be enjoying tonight's game in Skydome. Steelers 1-0 up at end of p1. Campbell injured knee.
A win will see the Steelers with a points cushion the top of the league, although the Devils will have a game in hand...which they will need to WIN. :evil:
In the space of a week the positions are almost exactly reversed. Which is why I am not too excited about all this yet. We can only worry about our games, and the Steelers theirs.

I still think the league will be decided on the 19th and 20th. Those games will set a real pace. But a lot of hockey yet to be played, and currently you can't get a fag paper in the gaps.