Where will the trophy be????????

wildthing74

Thread starter #1
My daughter raised a good point last night and one that I couldn't answer.What happens if going into Sunday's games we are both level in regards where will they take the trophy?
I guess logic would be that it would be in sheffield incase they win it but what a damp squib if our guys do it and we don't have a tophy to prance around the ice with.
Knowing how the league is run I wouldn't have thought there was a plan of action for this situation and I guess they will be hoping that 1 of us lose Saturday to make Sunday easier to plan for.

On board the Elite league helicopter poised for quick deployment wherever its needed. :roll:

Or already safe on Paul Raygun's fireplace. :lol:

wildthing74

Thread starter #4
StevenBletsoe said:
Would imagine that if Sheffield win on Saturday it will be there and if they lose on Saturday it will be in Edinburgh.
Yeah thats what I meant by the league hoping for that but on Sunday if still level there is more chance of them slipping up than us so that will be a nightmare to plan for.

throw another potential spanner.

Cardiff lose (hopefully ;) )
Sheffield lose (hopefully ;) )
Belfast win. (Hopefully ;) )

Giants are in Coventry
Steelers are in Sheffield
Devils are in Edinburgh
All games face off at the same time.

I would hazard a guess they may just have the trophy with the team playing at home, I doubt the league would do a Premiership and have replicas at each venue just in case.

TheStub

Also, remember that if both us and Sheffield slip up then the Giants can still win it. They have to be on the outside but can still make it. Could even still be in it come Sunday... so will the cup be in Coventry?

I think it will be in Sheffield. That is the only game where the home team have a chance of the league, if it were my choice I'd send it there so the home fans can see them lift the cup.

Finny

wildthing74 said:
Knowing how the league is run I wouldn't have thought there was a plan of action for this situation.
That would be my prediction. They're probably too busy this week desperately trying to find a reason to ban a couple of our players for this weekend.

Would imagine the easiest solution would be to present it at the next home fixture for whichever team.

That or they'll need to have it somewhere near say Darlington, so it's moderately equidistant to Edingburgh, Sheffield/Coventry - ideally in a helicopter!

TheStub

Why does it have to be the actual league cup. Big silver cup shaped thing would do on the night...

So 20/20 cup in Edinburgh, League cup in Sheffield, and if it is a different cup (can't remember if it became the 20/20 cup) the Knockout cup in Coventry.

Or any combination of the above. Present silver thing, swap for real cup on way home.

DWD

It should be in the same location as the team leading the league into the final game, as it will be their trophy to lose.

However in the grand scheme of things it really doesn't matter.

All three teams have at least one home game left after the regular season ends, it would be presented there.

Done.

devilish said:
Would imagine the easiest solution would be to present it at the next home fixture for whichever team.
Think they'd have to do that if it was a case of Sheffield slipping up on Sunday rather than Saturday. Think that would be a good idea anyway to have it at the home game of the play-off quarter so everyone can see it being presented rather than 100 or so that travel to Edinburgh (although they do deserve to see it on the night for making the effort / paying to get there).

wildthing74

Thread starter #14
ledgend777 said:
devilish said:
Think they'd have to do that if it was a case of Sheffield slipping up on Sunday rather than Saturday. Think that would be a good idea anyway to have it at the home game of the play-off quarter so everyone can see it being presented rather than 100 or so that travel to Edinburgh (although they do deserve to see it on the night for making the effort / paying to get there).
I know we're all getting ahead of ourselves here but that would be the obvious choice but I think only if we get the 2nd leg of the playoffs at home.I wouldn't want to have a big party on say the Saturday with having to go and play the 2nd leg away next night.
If and when we do win the league(never wanted us to win so bad in all my years following)it would be prefect if we got the trophy on the Sunday at home having qualified for the playoffs to make it a double celebration and everybody on the ice like when we won the Superleague.
Oh my god we have to do it now as I'm already planning as if its going to happen.Please,please Clan put on a show like you did against us up there last month and put us out of our misery.

ASHIPP

Perhaps the real cup won't be anywhere but will be presented to the champions at the home leg of their playoff quarterfinal game when more of their fans will get a chance to see it and celebrate with whichever team. 'Replica' cup in various locations around UK on Sunday? :?

What is equally interesting is: what game will PR be at on Sunday? :?

ASHIPP said:
Perhaps the real cup won't be anywhere but will be presented to the champions at the home leg of their playoff quarterfinal game when more of their fans will get a chance to see it and celebrate with whichever team. 'Replica' cup in various locations around UK on Sunday? :?

Something tells me he won't be in Scotland

DevilDom

ASHIPP said:
That will be interesting to see. I guess he will be hoping for a clear indication of where the trophy is likely to end up after Saturday's games or maybe he'll opt for neither.

Diafol

When Swansea City won League 1 a few years ago, the Football League refused to allow the trophy to be presented on the day as there was still a chance Leeds could pip them pending an appeal over a 15-point deduction.

One enterprising fan had made a tinfoil replica, so they did the lap of honour with that instead
(cue insults from Bluebirds...)