When will they tell us.

PCS

Thread starter #1
Though we have been told of a few signings, all returning from previous seasons, we have yet to find out about any new players. It was sugested that two new imports would be announced last weekend, however that never happened. I also remember reading on here that Voth has been given a deadline of May the 1st to make a decision, yet agian no news. I would like to buy a season ticket, but won't do that untill im certain the squad will be able to give me value for my money, this would be decided by an enforcer.
So, when do you think we will be hearing of new signings?

Wannabe2

PCS said:
Though we have been told of a few signings, all returning from previous seasons, we have yet to find out about any new players. It was sugested that two new imports would be announced last weekend, however that never happened. I also remember reading on here that Voth has been given a deadline of May the 1st to make a decision, yet agian no news. I would like to buy a season ticket, but won't do that untill im certain the squad will be able to give me value for my money, this would be decided by an enforcer.
So, when do you think we will be hearing of new signings?
News of new signings should be released very soon, theres no point in the club releasing anything until things are confirmed so that no one is misled, myself i dont believe that Voth had to give an answer by May 1st, and would be surprised if that was the case. As for value for money, the Devils have given us that year in year out, and if that will be decided for you personnaly if we sign a enforcer, then get your ticket now my friend, as the Devils will defo be tough next season, we have the word of the coach on that one. The one thing that our present coach would never see is a devils team that can be knocked about, its not the way he plays, not the way he coaches and not the way he thinks. Myself i will be buying my 3 season tickets, as all my boxes will be ticked, of that i have no doubt whatsoever.

Foxy

Hope we're going for skill as well. Fighting for fightings sake does not appeal. Tougness there to ensure our skill players are not targeted yes but please not the McMorrow type player!

Wannabe2

That would never happen as its not the Devils way, the coach wants to win everything this coming season, and he knows thats only possible by having the right balance of
A. Skill and scoring ability
B. Toughness to look after others, and too set out our own stall
C. Dressing room compatability, having players who will be ready to go thru brick walls for team mates.
Cant wait for the season to begin, really believe it will be a season to remember.

Finny

Firstly, great to see more people signing up to the inferno...

Secondly, I think/hope we might start getting more signing news over the next couple of days and weeks. With the article in the SW Echo last week saying we were in talks with Michel, I think we might have him confirmed in the next couple of days. Unless of course they are keeping his announcement until the end of May to be the big fan-pleaser before the Early Bird Season Ticket deadline.

Rumours are that at least two of our new signings are still in the playoffs. Assuming they are in the CHL playoffs - game 6 is tomorrow night and if it goes to game 7 that would be friday night. So hopefully by this time next week we will have one or two of them announced.

Some clubs like to spread their announcements out over the summer to keep the flow of news going, and with around 16 weeks remaining until the start of the season that would be less than 1 signing every week. However, with the club aiming for 750 season tickets I think we might have a lot of announcements made this month, with perhaps a couple of places remaining empty to see who becomes available over the summer.

DevilDom

Things have been a bit quiet over the past few weeks but as was said earlier there is no point making any annoucements unless all the i's are dotted and all the t's are crossed.

I too would like to see team toughness next year - a bit more than we did this year but i'm also greedy and want a team skilful enough to beat anyone! I think the extra import should help in this respect. A bit of rough definitely puts bums on seats and I think Voth lost his appetite for it in the 2nd half of last season. Hopefully we'll have him back though with someone else to share the load.

Agree that spreading the anoucements makes commercial sense to makimise the impact.

ASHIPP

Like someone said before, if players are still commited in tournaments to their existing teams, that can't be announced either. It must take some some time for clubs to mutually agree terms with an incoming player, particularly if he's considering offers from several clubs. And even with returning players, negociations aren't always staightforward because they will want ammendments to their terms and conditions of employment. And no organisation worth its salt is going to announce any signing until that paperwork is finalised/official and the ITC card processed.

It's frustrating for us because we want to know, especially as other clubs announce new names.
Sounds like the club already know that because the Echo is recently repeating articles about the style of players G is talking to, that talks are going well and emphasising that the full budget will be used - it's a kind of re-assurance that things are happening behind the scenes.

Whilst no coach will want to hang on waiting for potential returning players to make their decisions, the date for Brad to decide seems very early. It's already been stated that he has been made made an offer - rightly or wrongly, I get the impression that whilst the Devils will require a decision, Brad is
valuable enough to the club for them to allow him time to consider everything properly with his wife. Afterall, if G can leave the door open for Jarvo if he wants to return (wouldn't that be something?) so there appears to be flexibility up to a point in certain circumstances. :?

Rempel16

Yes and if it's over tonight then the signing could be coming to us a champion!

It makes me wonder about some players attitude and committment whilst over here. Rapid city have great scoring prowess in Brendan cook, who was a decent player for the panthers. However, I never rated Scott wray whilst over here, yet he seems to be amongst the top players on his team.

Same for Carlyle lewis. Pony over here but voted 3rd best chl tough guy this season. Some players really do seem to come over for the holiday!!!

DC scored in game 5, now there's another committed player who I'd have back in a heart beat!

Ger-Devils

scottydoesntknow said:
Ger-Devils said:
Game 6 tonight so hopefully 1 of the teams win and it finishes so we can hear of a signing!
Don't Rapid City have to win?
...they're 3 - 2 up in the series aren't they?
Yup. I'm thinking 1 of these signings will be from there. Just my view that's all