What's happened to the music?

TheStub

Thread starter #1
I was watching a DVD from the WNIR earlier this week, and it is amazing how poor the music choices are now compared to then.

It seems we have stolen a play list from a teenage girls birthday party.

A number of times last night the music killed the atmosphere, as it removed any intensity and drive.

When I think Devils, I think ROCK. Please, please, PLEASE can we find our path back to the road?

Finny

I'm sure people will just acuse me of butt-kissing the club in return for my £1,000,000 salary and secret connections - but I've always liked the music played at games for as long as I can remember. This season, last season, and throughout the WNIR years.

Not everyone like heavy garbage rock. I can't remember any music played tonight that could be used to describe it as a teenager's party?

Also, at one point the music was even cut as the Block 2 lads had started to get a chant going. I think the lack of atmosphere was down the fact the team weren't playing their usual intense and physical game.

Ger-Devils

I spoke to Dave at the Dj booth and will be making a CD this week to take down for them. I mentioned to him last night about the music not being the best etc. Don't worry there's plenty of ROCK going on there!

Finny

Are we allowed to show music video's on the TV's?

If so can I request the Saturdays latest video please. On repeat. For the whole game.
Thanks.

Finny said:
I'm sure people will just acuse me of butt-kissing the club in return for my £1,000,000 salary and secret connections.
Finny you are a butt-kisser just like Gary Neville, hope that didn't get lost in translation. :lol:
But in all seriousness I have to say that the intro is really annoying. You have a great start to it getting the fans clappling and stamping their feet, then it's cut stone dead with the "pride and pasion" bit, before then trying to build the atmosphere back up again.

DevilDom

nmase20 said:
DevilDom said:
Wannabe2 said:
What Pride and Passion :(
Brad Voth with his cringe worthy - this is our city our rink speach!
I dont think he was question the video more what pride and passion in terms of the team, in which yesturday there was none.
I get that, but I agree with Phil. The Brad Voth speech gets the atmosphere dead just as it starts to get going.

Gazza272

Finny said:
I always assumed it was Brent Pope? :?

It was all Poper last year, this year it sounds to me (although not 100% sure) a mixture of G, Voth and Pope.

Definatly wouldnt call it cringeworthy though, always gets me up for a game in the same way the old intro music used to.

I thought last years video was better - before it went all Torchwood and put the red lines in and naff effects. Yes, it's cringy, but I don't mind it - I just think it's played at totally the wrong time.

It should be played before any intro music - not as it is now with enough intro to get people clapping and then kill the intro with a video that people just start talking through because the majoirty know it so well now, and then back into the clapping - doesn't work. You need a build up, not a weird mixture of build up and stop and start again. Kep the video but put it right at the start before any clapping and intro.

Don't have a problem with the tunes, don't necessarily think hockey rock would impress the new fan base we're aiming for. A bit more variety wouldn't go amiss but otherwise it's alright.

Slightly different topic, but still music.

Can anyone tell me the name of the song & artist which is played second in warmup, after Thunderstruck? Thanks.

I may be in a minority then but I love the "Pride, Passion.." intro. Gets me fired up every time. Especially as it ends with "Hell Yeah" by Rev Theory. Great track.

Off the top of my head. I don't remember the exact sequence of warmup tracks but I think after Thunderstruck it's "Get Shaky" by the Ian Carey Project. Not exactly my kind of music but it sounds good played loudly on the rink's sound system.

Got to agree with the stub the music was far better in the WNIR, just loved the whole atmosphere it created along with the intro. I commented last night the music was better than normal, some weeks this season it's been like a dodgey wedding disco, keep expecting the next song to be Black Lace or Shakin Stevens " shabba".

But everyones tastes are different I supose, just me and you stubs have better ones :lol:

They changed the music from the wnir music because they thought it was starting to get old, and i agree, it was. I much prefer the way its done now with music that relates to what happening on the ice, much more interesting and occassionally amusing.

I much prefer the music we have now, and especially the contextual bits.
Though I'm sure it goes over the head of most people there ;)

Ignore minority of people who don't like it. Maybe they'd like incoherent announcements back?

Keep up the good work :D