What the.......

august04

An unbelievable statement to put on the official club website, full of speculation which will only serve to fuel the gossips. I could understand if it was a response to a story already in the public domain which may have already reflected badly on the Devils but not aware of anything appearing in the press as yet? Extremely amateurish.

Skippy

Depends on what you consider the public domain.

I agree nothing in the press but the social media / networks are a different story.

TheStub

There is lots of speculation on social networking. But nothing concrete and nothing that reflects badly on the Devils.

The statement is written in a way that would only heighten speculation. Maybe badly worded? Written by a lawyer perhaps?

Very odd... perhaps attempting to get in there before the press.... don't know if anybody else does but I don't have a clue what he's talking about.

drainage

nmase20 said:
Very odd... perhaps attempting to get in there before the press.... don't know if anybody else does but I don't have a clue what he's talking about.
Nope me neither ! And I was happy in my ignorance too!

Now knowing who/what part of the statement is in reference too I can fully understand the need to make a statement due to the very damaging nature of news in relation to a family orientated sport and also why they don’t want to go into specifics. As someone has already said it’s out there in the public domain but probably off most people’s radar.

Regards what it’s got to do with allegations from ex sponsors I'm mystified, the person has been found guilty so surely its fact?

Sheincar

Sponge Bob said:
Now knowing who/what part of the statement is in reference too I can fully understand the need to make a statement due to the very damaging nature of news in relation to a family orientated sport and also why they don’t want to go into specifics. As someone has already said it’s out there in the public domain but probably off most people’s radar.

Regards what it’s got to do with allegations from ex sponsors I'm mystified, the person has been found guilty so surely its fact?
Reading between the lines on Facebook I think it's the fact the club stood by the person when the allegations were made instead of putting distance between the club & the person.

TheStub

Apparently this relates to a story on page 24 of yesterday's Echo. I can't buy the paper around here, so haven't seen it or don't have a copy.

Perhaps someone can post the article?

TheStub said:
Do we really want to go there, considering the nature of crime? People can find out quite easily else where if they want too. To encourage posting the fully story on here would only open the forum claims that it is working against the clubs best interest's.

I'm sure once club staff were aware of the situation they took all possible measures to ensure that sections of the fan base were not at risk whilst at the rink.

TheStub

Re: Re: What the.......

Sponge Bob said:
TheStub said:
Do we really want to go there, considering the nature of crime? People can find out quite easily else where if they want too. To encourage posting the fully story on here would only open the forum claims that it is working against the clubs best interest's.

I'm sure once club staff were aware of the situation they took all possible measures to ensure that sections of the fan base were not at risk whilst at the rink.
I'd argue not making the link between the two is more harmful. It opens it up to speculation.

The case is simple, steps were taken and no-one was at risk/harmed. Club smell of roses.

Sheincar

TheStub said:
Apparently this relates to a story on page 24 of yesterday's Echo. I can't buy the paper around here, so haven't seen it or don't have a copy.

Found it now. Name didn't mean anything to me. Story not online & I don't have scanner. Over 2000 images on computer though :twisted: