What happened to the anthem tonight

Devil_Abroad

I guess before moaning you need to ask what happened sheesh

I've heard that a group of singers didn't turn up - so yes maybe they should have had a better back up and no doubt they're trying hard for tonight

As for killing entrance early weren't Manchester late? So they needed to get a move on?

This place is correctly called the inferno - it's like a bush fire - someone strikes a match and whoosh lol

Good idea to tweet - I'm sure Todd and co would love to hear what works and doesn't work - but do it nicely please

[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Foxy

Where has anybody been rude in their replies..........

Its a forum for expressing opinions.

You could just have left the fans to sing the anthem if there was a problem. Its not like we havnt done it before.

James

Administrator
Fortunately we have another game tonight to put it right straight away. By the sounds of it, Todd was told enough times yesterday the anthem didn't go down well :) You're not going to get things right every time. What matters is recognising it's wrong and doing something about it.

Gough60

Have to say the version of our anthem last night was poor & badly thought out.
But for fans to say they were "offended" i think is a tad crass. Were you so "offended" that you walked out or just refused to sing?
What part of it "offended" you?
The fact it WAS OUR NATIONAL ANTHEM, or the fact it was a version played on OUR NATIONAL instrument, the welsh harp.
Bad choise, didnt work, we dont know the reasons why it was used, just move on.
The word "offended" used to easily when disappointed would be enough. Or try a thesourus

DevilDom

Ffil06 said:
Have to say the version of our anthem last night was poor & badly thought out.
But for fans to say they were "offended" i think is a tad crass. Were you so "offended" that you walked out or just refused to sing?
What part of it "offended" you?
The fact it WAS OUR NATIONAL ANTHEM, or the fact it was a version played on OUR NATIONAL instrument, the welsh harp.
Bad choise, didnt work, we dont know the reasons why it was used, just move on.
The word "offended" used to easily when disappointed would be enough. Or try a thesourus
Totally agree, talk about over reaction!

Bad choice of version which was obviously too slow but just a genuine error.

KaneDevils

Agree also. Some fans are hell bent on Moaning. We beat a good side last night to get the season off on a high, but hey, let's have a whinge first.
It's been said that the original act didn't show. Maybe, just maybe, a replacement was hard to find at short notice. Offended? Give it a rest!!!

Offended. Haha!! Can you imagine the uproar if they didn't play one at all? Wasn't their first choice, get over it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

osh

Gingers Husband said:
I'm offensive. Bollocks.
Not half as offensive as the fella at last week's game shouting "put him in a body bag" !! And other offensive remarks during the game. Did I say anything to him ? No, that only leads to confrontation.

Earnie

Indeed I also heard the clown and his 'put him in a body bag' shouts. He was near the back of Block 13. Had there been security in the area it would have been a task for them to have words - or even take him out and put him in one haha!

Now that was offensive,crass and ignorant.
( to re affirm,that was last week's game)

Sorry - a bit off topic.

It's great to see Paul Sulivan back in the DJ box tonight. This should sort out the music and the anthem issues of the last couple of weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk