what about cornish?

zoesdevil

Thread starter #1
is it just me or is nothing being done about cornish for his stick butt to prpich's face?doesnt it warrent some sort of ban?

I have a feeling that due to the postioning of Cornish in respect to the camera and what was going on elsewhere etc then the Butt End was not clearly picked up by the camera....it's more fun having Cornish playing anyway - chances are we would have won that game had he not been sent off as he is a more of a liability on the ice ;-)

Skippy

They are handing out bans now where there is no footage the "sucker puch" from the Bison player wasn't on film and the got 2 games on Thompson's account of what happened alone.

I think all the recent ban's, except the hull guys, have been way over the top and not even consistent 2 Games for a Sucker punch for the Bison 2 and Voth gets 6 games for the same thing ?

I think that as J.C. was only given 5 plus game, the Devils would have 48 hours to ask the league to review it. Only match penalties are automatically reviewed. The fact that it was, luckily for Cornish, a minor incident that never caused injury which Prpich was asking for and, I would imagine, will be on the receiving end of a few more times this season wouldn't, in my opinion, ordinarily warrant a ban.

mike62

Gingers Husband said:
I think that as J.C. was only given 5 plus game, the Devils would have 48 hours to ask the league to review it. Only match penalties are automatically reviewed. The fact that it was, luckily for Cornish, a minor incident that never caused injury which Prpich was asking for and, I would imagine, will be on the receiving end of a few more times this season wouldn't, in my opinion, ordinarily warrant a ban.
But Towe was 'asking for it' when he slashed Patrick and Patrick got three games. Towe wasn't injured in that incident.

Gingers Husband said:
Different ref, different game, different penalties. If Towe had been penalised, the going rate for a slash to the legs for a Devils player is six games. A perfect example of how inconsistent and amatuerish this league is. Sorry Mike, luck of the draw seems to be the key phrase this year mate :oops:

mike62

Gingers Husband said:
Gingers Husband said:
Different ref, different game, different penalties. If Towe had been penalised, the going rate for a slash to the legs for a Devils player is six games. A perfect example of how inconsistent and amatuerish this league is. Sorry Mike, luck of the draw seems to be the key phrase this year mate :oops:
I know, Cornish should be banned but isn't, Patrick and Cruikshank shouldn't be but are.

Short rosters for everyone are really going to get the fans through the doors :roll:

As regards Cornish if i were a bison fan i would have pleaded with the league to ban him.
If Cornish had remained in the game against us i think we would have won comfortably. As it happens after he got chucked out of the game i thought Bison played really well and deserved their victory.

Gazza272

mike62 said:
Ugly Betty said:
From what I can gather the Cornish incidents were not caught on camera. Case closed I suppose. Lucky chap.
Neither was Cruikshank's, didn't stop the League though :roll:

So hang on, they can take a referee's report when dishing out things they cant see but totally disregard it for things they can see? Sounds nonsensical to me.

Gazza272 said:
mike62 said:
Ugly Betty said:
From what I can gather the Cornish incidents were not caught on camera. Case closed I suppose. Lucky chap.
Neither was Cruikshank's, didn't stop the League though :roll:

So hang on, they can take a referee's report when dishing out things they cant see but totally disregard it for things they can see? Sounds nonsensical to me.
Now you're getting it :D