What a joke league

Wannabe2

Thread starter #1
What a embarrasement Mcmorrow on a all star team, they must be laughing something wicked in Nth America.

James

Administrator
In all fairness it was voted for by the fans. Think a lot of people voted for McMorrow as a bit of a laugh.

I assume its just the one line that has been announced and there is going to be more to come, or its going to be a bit rubbish. Only 4 teams represented too.

Finny

I voted for McMorrow and Sharp.

I have no interest in the All Star Game, and would rather none of our players get picked for it. The only thing it can bring is more tiredness and possible injuries.

I don't get it, by the seems of things it iss just the one line for each team? how does that work?
On all the press releases about it, including the cardiff devils, it makes out that it is just those 6 players.
And if that is the case its made even more pants by the fact that, as James says, only the 4 teams are represented.

nmase20 said:
I don't get it, by the seems of things it iss just the one line for each team? how does that work?
On all the press releases about it, including the cardiff devils, it makes out that it is just those 6 players.
And if that is the case its made even more pants by the fact that, as James says, only the 4 teams are represented.
I presume they're following the NHL model where the fans vote for the starting players and the other lines are made up of expert picks. It gets the fans involved, but also means the 'best' players should be chosen.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #9
Soundwave1 said:
nmase20 said:
ah ok i see, thats alright then, dont really follow the nhl so no nothing of how it works.
I'm only guessing...it is the eihl....we could end up with 1 line a side yet :lol:
And Mcmorrow still on the bench. :lol:

EIHL all star Sean McMorrow... :) I don't think anyone in North America really cares about a get together organised by the EIHL... It a fans favourite team.... I actual voted for all the tough guys to play... D'Amour, Knight, McMorrow, Voth and Szwez... I also voted for Sharp..

TheStub

The All Star game in the states is a bit of fun (with the score line to match). No-one really puts too much store by it, and it is more of a chance for the fans to have an event with all the stars of the league.

Sort of a up market version of the Play Off weekend here (remember the Play Off final in the NHL is a best of 7 series, played between the home of both teams, and isn't the same as our weekend).

It is a good bit of fun, and a chance for the teams to relax. it is also a week off for all the other players, as there are no games played in the period before or after the All Star game - gives the players a mid season break.

TBH I like to see Devils represented, and it will be a bit of fun to have McMorrow ice. I just hope the league can build the even up over the next few seasons, and make it something worth attending for the fans.

ASHIPP

Fun it certainly would be....but one team will already be short-benched because McMorrow can't skate or pass can he? Not many goals coming from him! :lol: As for the title 'All Stars' - the acknowledged biggest and brighest star of the League will not be there......the Vother. Surely it's a no-brainer? :twisted: But agreed, we don't want any of our guys doing unneccessary travelling and picking up injuries even in a fun game. Consider it the All Stars' loss and Devils' gain! :D

Gazza272

ASHIPP said:
Fun it certainly would be....but one team will already be short-benched because McMorrow can't skate or pass can he? Not many goals coming from him! :lol: As for the title 'All Stars' - the acknowledged biggest and brighest star of the League will not be there......the Vother. Surely it's a no-brainer? :twisted: But agreed, we don't want any of our guys doing unneccessary travelling and picking up injuries even in a fun game. Consider it the All Stars' loss and Devils' gain! :D
There will still be Devils players represented in this game.