Webcast season ticket

Thread starter #1
I live too far away to catch many home games, unfortunately, but I do buy almost all of the webcasts.

I wonder if IceTimeTV have considered offering a package deal, where fans can buy 10 games for a discounted price that they can then use as and when they want. If it's £8 a webcast normally, I'd pay £65 for 10 games. Also means they'd have a nice capital injection at the start of the season - everyone wins!

Have Hope#35

TommyDevil13 said:
I live too far away to catch many home games, unfortunately, but I do buy almost all of the webcasts.

I wonder if IceTimeTV have considered offering a package deal, where fans can buy 10 games for a discounted price that they can then use as and when they want. If it's £8 a webcast normally, I'd pay £65 for 10 games. Also means they'd have a nice capital injection at the start of the season - everyone wins!
Isn't it only £5 or £6 to start with? You'd pay more than you need to ;)

KaneDevils

Has the production improved since moving to the IAW?
All I can recall in recent times, was more complaints than anything else.

Have Hope#35

KaneDevils said:
I'm not a regular user but the only times I've ever used it it's been very good! Once in the BBT the server provider lost connection and I was given a full refund, not sure it was even IceTime then though.

Thread starter #5
Have Hope#35 said:
TommyDevil13 said:

Isn't it only £5 or £6 to start with? You'd pay more than you need to ;)
For some reason, I thought it was £8. Maybe they charge more now that I live in England - like the online equivalent of the Severn bridge toll.

kettdevil1

KaneDevils said:
I rate it highly, the commentary and analysis are as good as any in the league.

KaneDevils

kettdevil1 said:
KaneDevils said:
My concerns are more with the buffering and crashing of the production. It seems people struggle with a phone reception, let alone the webcast. I'll give it a go against Zagreb, see how it goes.

kettdevil1

KaneDevils said:
kettdevil1 said:
KaneDevils said:
My concerns are more with the buffering and crashing of the production. It seems people struggle with a phone reception, let alone the webcast. I'll give it a go against Zagreb, see how it goes.
I had a problem when I was putting it through my laptop to the TV but when watching on my iPad it was perfect.

Have Hope#35

It often relates to the system it's being run on and people's broadband speed... I upgraded my router which improved the speeds and I haven't had a bad webcast from any club since then! I used to have some awful away webcasts.

James

Administrator
Generally with webcasts, either everyone has a problem or it's an issue with your end or your connection. The webcast will be transmitted from the rink to a central broadcasting server which you connect too. Any issues between rink and server, everyone gets. As long as its getting to the server and the server can cope with the demand placed on it and has a large enough connection to the outside world (which it almost definitely always will - I say having no knowledge of their setup :) ) any problems after that is kind of out of their scope.

KaneDevils

I watch them on a Mac book pro with latest software and have very good internet. I use it for watching live sport (stream sites) films, gaming, all sorts, with little issues.
The webcast for me have been up and down. Originally, the ice glare was a big issue. For most of the game the puck was invisible. I've had games where I've lost more than a period also due to technical faults their end.
Watching live nhl on sports premier without issue, I think it's fair to say any buffering with icetime is more a fault their end than it is mine.

lf only the picture was as good quality as it is when you watch the highlights on YouTube.

Devil_Abroad

They did used to advise watching on Windows PC rather than Macs - but my iMac was fine towards end of season

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ocko

I've always used my Mac or iPad and have never had any problems. if I use IceTime TV it usually means I'm outside of Cardiff so tether my phone with a 3G or 4G signal. Even on 3G I've had no real issues.

Icetime tv have released there new website tonight and looking through it they have set up a number of deals for purchasing multi games like all of the pre season games for £40 also they have a full season ticket on there for all home games for £200. Which when the webcast costs £8 a game doesn't seem to bad.

KaneDevils

A few disgruntled viewers tonight who paid for the webcast.
Not the first time fans have been let down. Yet ocko watches without issue using 3g. :shock:

They really need to sort it out, especially charging £8

Very unhappy tonight bought the webcast and the service failed
I think the service should be fully tested before advertising any webcasting games
hope I can get a refund :x