Webcast from the Odyssey

Thread starter #1
Hi All!

Broadcast from the Odyssey tonight live at http://www.giantslive.tv face-off at 7pm, broadcast live from about 6.45.

We hope you can join us if you're able!

p.s. You may have heard about problems last Sunday with our broadcast - we received an email from our broadcast partner apologising for throwing our channel off air without warning in an anti-copyright sweep. We had a successful webcast on Wednesday following with good feedback. With the exception of this copyright mishap(!) the last several broadcasts have been without a hitch.

Thanks

Dave @ giantslive

Thread starter #4
Site host has taken a hit, should be live back live before 7pm :/

App interuption
JAN 02, 2010 – 17:50 UTC

Over 20 Amazon instances failed at the same time today. All app operations are offline while we recover from this distributed failure. All data is fully backed up. We expect app operation to be restored within the hour.

Thread starter #7
THIS EMAIL has been sent to everyone who has previously purchased a Giants v Devils game on the Giantslive.tv site

Hi All

Our site hosts have been subject to a failure this afternoon and so our site cannot accept orders or even be accessed at the minute.

If you wish to watch tonight's game please enjoy the first period free here: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/giantslive-tv-free

If the site is not back up before the start of the second we will roll the free view on until we can get it sorted out.

Dave @ giantslive

Thread starter #8
Soundwave1 said:
roguestar said:
We're going to do the first period free view and will post the URL here

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/giantslive-tv-free

I'm going to email everyone who's subscribed to a Cardiff game before this detail incase the site doesn't come back up in time!
Hey,

How do you register for credits? Is it via the e mail in the top right corner?

Good luck with the broadcast and thanks.

Hi there - our site giantslive.tv is currently down, please watch the first period at the USTREAM address above, by then hopefully the site will be back and we can get the second period.

the webcast keppes stopping and starting and buffering every 1 second, is this the same for everyone, or do I ned to alter anything on my PC

Finny

Quality of the stream for me tonight is much better, and I haven't had any buffering yet.

However, the commentary is still bobbins and the choice of camera angle is really poor. They should keep the game to the wide shot and only use the corner angle and zoom for replays. Otherwise it is too difficult to keep track of what is going on.

Won't be paying for the next two periods sorry.

So what happens now do we have to pay to see the rest of the game? Im a little dubious to do that when so many people are having issues with the stream.

The commentary is absolutely shocking! Think this one qualifies as comment of the year (already)

Stevie Lyle is like so many of the goalies in this league, if they see the puck, they try to stop it.

What the eff else is he gonna do with it?!!!

Mines been fine tonight so far and hasn't buffered once, however it did this the last time I watched it and then when I paid started freezing throughout the rest of the game. I was hoping they wouldn't be able to fix whatever problem they were having so freeview could continue. :lol:

Match night live from now on then.

The commentary really is bobbins, it would only take two minutes before hand to do a bit of research on the team your playing and half the time they don't even know whats going on. Camera quality is alright, not great fullscreen on my monitor but i do have quite a large monitor.
Only had buffering once for about 5 seconds other than that the stream was fine.
Oh yeah and how long is that giants video at the beginning??? was starting to do my head in after the first minute.