was nottingham???

Thats the way the cookie crumbles when you're THE ice hockey team who play out of THE National Ice Arena. Too much demand, not enough time = doubling up on games because the rink wont give them another game time.

I think Finny (on another thread) was looking into it. The Devils, Panthers and EIHL websites all said League and CC but he was waiting for it to be confirmed on match reports I think?

Chris

Administrator
Thats the way the cookie crumbles when you're THE ice hockey team who play out of THE National Ice Arena. Too much demand, not enough time = doubling up on games because the rink wont give them another game time.
Nottingham pay for their ice time up front, that's how they pretty much gaurantee all the weekend games, I don't think it's a case of there not being space in the arena, more Nottingham want to ensure a decent crowd, the Devils don't take a spectacular number of travelling fans so if doubling up the games improves the attendance it's a good move I guess.

If we'd managed to win, this thread wouldn't exist :)

Chris.

In the program there are 2 away games against Nottingham listed as both CC/EL. The one just gone and one in a few weeks time. Surely this cant be the case though as it would lead to us playing them too many times.

The Elite League website report on the match last night describes it as the first CC game of the season too...
http://www.eliteleague.co.uk/cardiff-devils-5-sheffield-steelers-4-p143987

"In the opening game of this seasons Challenge Cup both teams went into this one with contrasting fortune. Sheffield had started the season with three straight wins whilst Cardiff had started with three straight losses."

Finny

I have asked the leagues' stats guys for confirmation but haven't recieved a reply yet. Usually they are pretty prompt so it probably means they aren't sure. Plus the CC group table I was sent didn't include the Nottingham result on it.

wildthing74

Finny said:
I have asked the leagues' stats guys for confirmation but haven't recieved a reply yet. Usually they are pretty prompt so it probably means they aren't sure. Plus the CC group table I was sent didn't include the Nottingham result on it.
Any news Finny?

Finny

Nope. But I have emailed the club now to see if they can sort out the confusion. When I get a conclusion I'll post it on here.

Finny

Now confirmed that Saturday was just a league game.

The dual League/Cup game is now later on in the season (November?).

ASHIPP

This is great news - means that the Devils have a good chance to start their CC qualifying campaign against those nasty Panthers with a win! :twisted:

kettdevil1

ASHIPP said:
This is great news - means that the Devils have a good chance to start their CC qualifying campaign against those nasty Panthers with a win! :twisted:
Wasn't Sheffield on Sunday a CC Game? Come to think about it did it count for the league as well? I'm confused :!:

TheStub

Sunday was just CC.

So we currently are still on zip points in the league :(

But - at least we have yet to lose 4 points in Nottingham. I really hate the dual games - they should be made to play one of the fixtures on neutral ice if they can't provide NIC ice time. It can be in your favor if you win the fixture, but it makes one nights form doubly effect you.

ASHIPP

kettdevil1 said:
ASHIPP said:
Wasn't Sheffield on Sunday a CC Game? Come to think about it did it count for the league as well? I'm confused :!:
The Sheffield match was a CC game. My comment was that the delayed CC game against the Panthers was going to be the first CC game the Devils will play against Nottingham! ;)