Voth Public Enemy No.1

Rempel16

Thread starter #1
hey remps, i'm going to copy and paste the article instead of putting the link in. as we get more traffic than the Stir, i'm loathed to increase their hits as it will only encourage this kind of rubbish

By Bob Westerdale
Ice Hockey
'DIRTY Devil' Brad Voth is public enemy number one in Sheffield again after Steelers staff claimed he set out to deliberately injure Rob Dowd.
The 6ft 5in Cardiff Devils winger appeared to "take a run" at his much smaller rival last Sunday - the Sheffield forward narrowly managing to avoid a dangerous challenge that his teammates were convinced should have been punished with a charging penalty.

Voth has severely injured Steelers Stefan Sjogren and Ashley Tait in the past.

Steelers coach David Matsos said: "Brad does a lot of great things but sometimes he goes over the top and this was another one of those times.

"He is going to end another guy's career one day if he continues like that.

"Vother had almost killed Dowd. Thank God Dowdy got out of the way, otherwise it's 'career over' time."

Dowd, who is seven inches smaller than the Canadian, said: "I sensed him coming. I got out of the way and I heard the bang.

"He is a big man and he skates like the wind; when he is on the ice you keep your radar out for him. I got out of the way just in time. The plexi glass took one hell of a pounding"

Brad Cruikshank squared up to Voth after the incident.

Dowd said: "I think Shanker didn't like his little mate almost being flattened and stepped in. That shows what good spirit we have here."

Steelers are unhappy with referee Tom Darnell, who gave skipper Jonathan Phillips a match penalty.

Phillips had fought with Jay Latulippe after the Devil had butt-ended the Sheffield winger.

Matsos said: "I was disappointed with some of the referee's calls. How Shanker gets a 2 + 10 instigator as well as a 5 for fighting against Voth shocks me. There we had two willing guys doing their job."

"Then to give Phillips a match for the incident with Latulippe is crazy.

"We never see Jono lose his cool like that; it was obvious something must have happened.

"We will appeal."

Voth been singled out yet again by the Squeelers.

I wonder whether Dowd / Matsos made those comments or is it more tosh posted by the Blaze fan that works for Sheffield. You know who i mean, the chubby one with a face you wanna punch ;)

voth26

this is getting silly now every time brad hits a player smaller than him he gets slammed, didnt see many people apart from devils fans slam campbell and the blaze players for piling in on brad when he was down on the ice!!! the only answer is for all teams to agree a size of player and you can only sign that size player ie 6"5 or 5"5 :lol: :lol:
also why do the numpties at the star and the squeelers always have to bring up brads hit on tait!! perhaps we should live in the past and constanly mention peron's hit on cullen in the wnir the squeelers may have conveinently forgotten but the devils fans havent :evil:

drainage

To be honest I am growing weary of the same old c**p coming from the same old people - why oh why cant they get a new theme???

Brad is to all intents and purposes a marked man so he gets called - not always correctly I assume if he was in wrong and it was seen he would have been called ???

Is this "reporting" due to penalties being handed to them or something Brad did ? Wasnt at game but issue seems to be (leaving aside Brads career ending antics - isnt that slightly irresponsible reporting ??) the penalties issued ??

Bored with the Brad is the root of all evil now and am guessing Sheffield wont try and sign him again !!!!!

He wouldn't go their no matter how much money they offered, its ridiculous that they are appealing a hit that MISSED. They really need to get over it, i guess they want him banned because they are playing us at the beginning of January :twisted:

Euuuughh...

Seriously, it wasn't THAT bad for a start.

The Steelers organization really don't help themselves... All the fans I saw there on Saturday were really nice, and one gave me free tickets. But the organization is just plain annoying. Ahh well.

Gazza272

Some of those comments in that article are for me seriously close to defemation. You cannot possibly declare that Voth will 'end another career' when he hasnt ended 1 in the first place.

IF i were the Devils org/Voth himself i would seriously take a long look at some of the claims written in that. Could it have been a stupid hit if he connected? possibly, he seemed to have winded himself when he hit the boards and it was stupid, but unless Derren Brown (not Darren i doubt he would get in the Arena :lol: ) was on the Steelers bench i cant quite see how they can claim he was delibratly setting out to hurt him.

kettdevil1

I love the way that they are complaining about the instigator penalty and at the same time saying that the fight happened because Cruikshank took exception to the hit... :?:

:lol: I don't even get annoyed any more when I read that rag.

Man up Dowd (or Simms etc), you don't hear Ben Davies squeeling everytime someone on the other team tries to level him, because they do given that he's the smallest player on the ice and possibly the league. Could learn from Ben though, few years younger and what does he do when he gets flattened - gets up, shuts his mouth and gets on with it, no complaining. ;)

To be fair, most Sheffield fans do seem to be embarrassed with the rubbish that comes from their organisation, note to Simms - if its to try and get more people in to the games, its clearly not working for you is it? :lol:

:lol:

We've been saying Brad has been lacking in the hits/enforcer department lately - then he 'misses' a hit and he's about to end someones carreer? Come on...

Great example of Davies. He 'does' actually get hit, but just gets on with it

Wannabe2

Okay i have it 2000% that Dave Matsos did not make any of those comments, Dave still has his hands full with his sons illness, and is a class above this riff raff, he also commented to the fact he would take Voth in a heartbeat.

nmase20 said:
He wouldn't go their no matter how much money they offered, its ridiculous that they are appealing a hit that MISSED. They really need to get over it, i guess they want him banned because they are playing us at the beginning of January :twisted:
I think what you will find that if they do appeal it will be against the match penalty given to Phillips, nothing to do with the Voth incident.

Wannabe2

drainage said:
samidevils said:
Funniest bit has to be

"I could sense him coming"

Oh my Vothy sense is tingling.......

and there was me thinking they only talked out of their a**es - seems they see out of them too !!
Think i might sense the 6-30 Cardiff to Paddington coming if i was standing on the tracks.