voth is dirty!

Such an unnecessary point of negativity in a game that need not have any negativity at all. Both sides made cheap shots at some point. End of.
Oh and king really wouldn't smash voth, go away troll :smile:

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

ASHIPP

Martynwo said:
No he didn't, he cross checked him when Thomas was face down. Thomas got what he'd been dishing out for sometime.

Not sure what your motive is with this title of thread, it was classic play-off hockey, big hits and a tight game.
More to the point the squeelers lived up to their name of continiously moaning by Finerty, Tait, King, Stevenson, just a shame Hicks didn't have the balls to call a Game on Tait for his "physical abuse of the official".
Spot on Martyn.

The Vother dirty?I think throwing a few sneaky cowardly punches from the back of a group brawl on ONE opposition player (Brad surrounded by 5 Steelers at one point), and some 'creative' stickwork requires a certain lack of class. The Steelers work very hard in training to achieve that. :lol: And when it comes to whinging to officials they are world class! .

A

Anonymous

Thread starter #24
I cant belive you posted such rubbish as this, if you think voth went to far what the hell do you think of the steelers and antics, such as poor old mark thomas who cheap shotted his way throughout the game, by ways of elbows after the play, slashing to back of the legs, sly punches etc. He got his come uppence with voth when he tried to jump vother and came off worse and thomas wasnt the tough man he thought he was, as for voth "getting a pasting off king" do me a favour voth quite clearly wanted to fight king but was being held by a lino and looking at how wound up voth was I wouldnt have faniced kings chances at that point hence why king skated away. As has been pointed out king had plenty of time to readdress the issues and dish out some retribution to voth during the game and didnt so what does that tell you!!!!!. I would guess that for many a fan the fact that voth the original hockey player bashing child eating monster made an appearance and was back to his old self causing havoc and creating carange was a welcome sight.
I have seen late hits-slashes-punches elbows every week for the last 11 years of watching the devils.

All im saying is for voth to cross check someone to the face whilst the guy lay flat on the floor is not right and dangerous.
its dirty as hell.
Rant over.

Voth played like his old self today, which was good to see. As for the Steelers, they were terrible. Thomas should be given at least a three game ban for the sucker punches he did on Max. Colt king new he didn’t want to mess with Voth. I saw all the checks, and they were all clean hits, but the Steelers do not like being touched and acted like they had been shot every time, terrible sportsmanship.
Bring on the Giants :Banana

kettdevil1

Zack Kassian said:
I love vother but tonite he went one step to far for me.
Not only did he put someone into the boards face 1st but also when mark thomas jumped on voth and fell to the ice. Voth clearly cross checked thomas to the face.
In terms of the first point, the video suggests otherwise. The stick is down, and the hit is a beauty. Can't tell about the second part as it all becomes a little confused.

Zack Kassian said:
I have seen late hits-slashes-punches elbows every week for the last 11 years of watching the devils.

All im saying is for voth to cross check someone to the face whilst the guy lay flat on the floor is not right and dangerous.
its dirty as hell.
Rant over.
Like I said, he didn't x-check him to the FACE, it was to the back.
If he did and to the level you say I would have expected blood on the ice.

I suggest you lay off watching potentially old school hockey play-off games.

On a separte point, why do people bring up negatives and start to revel in the fact that we got to the semi's against a good side who could win the league.

DevilDom

Really can't believe some of the trash on this thread. i've watched the highlights because I thought I must have missed something but there is nothing more untoward than what was called in the game. Why can't people just be happy we were invloved in a great game and managed to come out on top rather than try and find something negative to focus on. It was a great performance by the team and voth and there was nothing more dirty than the disgraceful play acting antics of the steelers players. Finnerty had obviously instructed his players to utilise hicks and the dislike Devils fans in general have of him and try and put the team of their game in that way. Was more suited to a premiership football team at times though.

osh

Zack Kassian said:
I love vother but tonite he went one step to far for me.
Not only did he put someone into the boards face 1st but also when mark thomas jumped on voth and fell to the ice. Voth clearly cross checked thomas to the face.
King went absolutely nuts and if it wasnt for frank he would have got a pasting.

Iv watched him slash,elbow etc over the years but tonite he went to far.
Shocking :(
I bet you now wish you'd watched the playback of the incident before posting such garbage eh? Cross check to the face, no way ???? Like the advert says, I bet you wished you'd gone to specsavers now !!!!!

philrowlands31 said:
to throw a spanner in the work, dave simms is going to have an absolute FIELD day slating him on the highlight show...........
But i wonder if he will mention Ashley striking Hicks ? I very much doubt it ! This after he said the Belfast player was a very lucky boy to still be playing in this league after the Carson incident!!!

I can't comment on the incidents at the steelers game, but if I see a player do something out of order I think they deserve to be banned regardless who they play for.

E.D.S.

Zack Kassian said:
I cant belive you posted such rubbish as this, if you think voth went to far what the hell do you think of the steelers and antics, such as poor old mark thomas who cheap shotted his way throughout the game, by ways of elbows after the play, slashing to back of the legs, sly punches etc. He got his come uppence with voth when he tried to jump vother and came off worse and thomas wasnt the tough man he thought he was, as for voth "getting a pasting off king" do me a favour voth quite clearly wanted to fight king but was being held by a lino and looking at how wound up voth was I wouldnt have faniced kings chances at that point hence why king skated away. As has been pointed out king had plenty of time to readdress the issues and dish out some retribution to voth during the game and didnt so what does that tell you!!!!!. I would guess that for many a fan the fact that voth the original hockey player bashing child eating monster made an appearance and was back to his old self causing havoc and creating carange was a welcome sight.

its dirty as hell.
Rant over.
Thought I'd wait until I'd seen the footage as from where I sat it certainly didn't look like a cross check at all and now having seen the footage it definitely wasn't anything like a cross check to the head. Thomas tries to jump Voth rather than doing the decent thing and dropping the gloves and going toe-to-toe. He gets his 'jumping' completely wrong and ends up on the wrong end of Voth's body weight coming down on him. Voth's gloves go up to the head area but it is in no way a cross check. Thomas is nothing more than a big girl. He plays the hard man when it's safe to do so, namely when Birbraer is on the floor and he lands 4 unchallenged punches, when another Steeler player was pinning him down.

got to say though I was really disappointed with how bad the Steelers made everything look. Note the guy who got laid out by Voth actiing like he'd been shot and then when it kicks off he jumps to his feet and is ready for action. Poor poor show by the Steelers. They have so much quality in their team and will win most games easily without needing to resort to those tactics. Really disappointing.

this is the most ridiculous thread ive ever seen on here and ive posted a few pearls! at the end of the day the voth check was naughty, but hes an enforcer and may i add got it spot on timing wise. Created a big turning point in the game and made the whole team raise the intensity. That is the job of the enforcer to create turning points with physical force. If you have any problems with that, then your watching the wrong sport. Its swings and round abouts we do something the opposition doesn't like, and there enforcer will do similar.

voth26

Zack Kassian said:

its dirty as hell.
Rant over.
there was no cross check to thomas face by voth how many times do you need to be told, do you think it was acceptable for voth to be jumped by thomas and then 2 other steelers pile in to punch voth!!! i'd like your thoughts on that one. trust me if hicks thought voth has done what you suggested and had x-checked thomas he would have kicked voth out without a doubt so the fact that hicks didnt tells you that voth didnt x-check thomas