Vipers v Devils - Sat 6:30pm - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Hey hey,

Afraid we're not running Match Night Live! for this game as we have no texters making their way up for the game, so all chat and updates in here.

Chris.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #4
And we're live!

Smith is out warming up, I didn't even know he was back from injury but it's all good!

Chris.

Russky

Well thats twice now ROMFO has cost us a game! Ok so we didnt play well from texters at the game but when you see your team claw their way back into a game with less than a minute left, you have a right as a supporter to expect that the game is there for the taking until Romfo changed that! One point is better than nothing but we needed BOTH points from this game! I hope that Hull will get the backlash from this very disappointing result !

Russky said:
Well thats twice now ROMFO has cost us a game! Ok so we didnt play well from texters at the game but when you see your team claw their way back into a game with less than a minute left, you have a right as a supporter to expect that the game is there for the taking until Romfo changed that! One point is better than nothing but we needed BOTH points from this game! I hope that Hull will get the backlash from this very disappointing result !
Romfo does it all the time, getting a bit peed off with it to be honest :evil:

Very scrappy game, first period Vipers has most of possession and played mostly around the back of Lyle's night! Robinson I thought he quite a quiet period but shot counted suggested otherwise! Second period Vipers got the goal and the Devils seemed to be coming back into it (bus legs for first period?). Third period Vipers just defended trying to dump the puck at all times and to be honest, got we deserved! About 1.05 left in game, Lyle comes off and Michel comes on and skates into the zone, is passed the puck, shoots a one-timer and scores. Nice set up and the game goes into overtime! Whilst in OT Romfo got a penalty (didn't see it as was talking) and Vipers capitalise! Devils deserved the point, not sure about the 2 though!

Rooneem seemed ok Dangles... quick skater, couple of checks and thats about really. Not expecting much at the moment, landed at Heathrow yesterday, so guessing he's quite tired!

It's official - ice hockey is the strangest sport in the world - how can a team (Vipers) start the season well, then lose 9-2 to us, then win a couple to actually go top at one point, then lose 8-0 at home, only to win again in their next game!? Crazy.

Very disapointed with the 3rd loss in a row. Not going to say the title race is over as it's still early in the season and I'm sure all the teams above us will have bad runs at some point - just have to hope that's soon with the Blaze as they could start running away with it with the games in hand they have plus no Challenge Cup to concentrate on.

Surely back to winning ways tonight against bottom of the league Hull.

What sort of size crowd was there for Vipers drive for 5?

Gazza272

Happy enough with a point from Newcastle, thats 3 points we have taken from 3 games up there now. if we can play better in our next game there at Whitley Bay then that will be 5 points from 4 games away to Newcaslte which i think is a decent return.

Have to be honest, this has to be one of the worst performances from the devils in a very long time, no passion, no desire, no commitment, we didnt deserve a point, and we got out of jail big time, we are now a third of the way through the season and we still dont know what our best lines are, we are chopping and changing them all the time, no wonder the play is so dis-jointed. And as for the Romfo thread, no it was not his fault, cos if the team had turned up and played for 60 minutes, we would win this game comfortably.

at the end of this game romfo skates over to say what appears to be unlucky to lyle as all the other's see him coming and turn away from him, once again puts the team in an adverse position and we get scored on! come on g you gotta be able to see what he's costing us lately? if this guy was our replacement for teplitsky then i'm sorr but no comparison

Rempel16

When has it been said that he is our replacement for Teplitsky?

The guy himself said that he's not got the best hands but tries to do the basics when he signed for us.

That to me doesn't sound like a player who's going to rip d-men apart when jumping in the play.

I don't want to know specifics about players wages etc, but i would have thought Tyson was on a fair whack, being the best offensive d-man in the league (of course Sheff would argue Sarich, Nott would argue Neilson, Cov would argue Weaver etc) and certainly our no.1 d-man. Now looking at the team we have this season i wouldn't mind betting that a chunk of Tyson's wage went towards securing Smith this year.

I think it's unfair on Romfo to compare him as a direct replacement for Tyson personally.

Finny

Teplitsky is IMO unreplacable for the current level of hockey we have here. Remember how we all moaned that Likit wasn't good enough?

Been watching the goals video from last season and I have to be honest - Likit looks pretty impressive on it.

I would say that Richardson was more of a replacement for Tyson, but not as prolific scoring. Romfo is a less physical but more mobile replacement for McIver.