Use of video

Thread starter #1
http://www.eliteleague.co.uk/discipline ... et-p174056

Just posted this under the Belfast/Braehehad thread (mods - remove one if you wish!) but just wanted to share the great news that use of video (or DVD!) can now be used to prove referees can (and, shock horror, do!) sometimes make mistakes!!!

Hopefully our new multi-angle cameras will provide hours of viewing pleasure for the powers that be at Elite Towers when reviewing calls on our players...

....OR is it only applicable for Belfast, Sheffield, Nottingham and Coventry?!! We shall see.... The phrases 'create a rod for your own back' and 'set a precendent' will be placed on hold...

;)

Baz-lar said:
http://www.eliteleague.co.uk/discipline-update-doucet-p174056

Just posted this under the Belfast/Braehehad thread (mods - remove one if you wish!) but just wanted to share the great news that use of video (or DVD!) can now be used to prove referees can (and, shock horror, do!) sometimes make mistakes!!!

Hopefully our new multi-angle cameras will provide hours of viewing pleasure for the powers that be at Elite Towers when reviewing calls on our players...

....OR is it only applicable for Belfast, Sheffield, Nottingham and Coventry?!! We shall see.... The phrases 'create a rod for your own back' and 'set a precendent' will be placed on hold...

;)

In all honesty why make a post like this as it only portrays you as being a moaner, if things dont go your way :?

Finny

Actually jester, it is a very good point.

Last season during a similar incident the club wanted to submit additional footage from other camera angles. I believe the league refused to accept this saying "it was unfair to other clubs who don't have multiple angles".

All we want is consistancy for all.

Finny said:
Actually jester, it is a very good point.

Last season during a similar incident the club wanted to submit additional footage from other camera angles. I believe the league refused to accept this saying "it was unfair to other clubs who don't have multiple angles".

All we want is consistancy for all.
The thing is though Finny that was last season, see what happens this time around, they are now showing the discipline points each week, they have made public their decision on Doucet and how they made that decision, which can only be a good thing, small steps etc.
Whilst the post makes a point is it neccesary to add in notts, coventry shuff and belfast ?

Finny

You're right.

It's only Belfast who have done this so far, there was no need to mention Nottm, Coventry or Sheffield.

wildthing74

jester said:
Done what ? the game was in braehead therefore they must have submitted the footage :lol:
Thats obviously where the footage was shot,can't imagine they submitted it to get your guy off. :roll:

DWD

Finny said:
You're right.

It's only Belfast who have done this so far, there was no need to mention Nottm, Coventry or Sheffield.
the footage was submitted by Braehead in search of further action.

One day you'll get things right Finny. ;)

DWD

wildthing74 said:
jester said:
Done what ? the game was in braehead therefore they must have submitted the footage :lol:
Thats obviously where the footage was shot,can't imagine they submitted it to get your guy off. :roll:
get our guy off what? He was assessed a 2+10. Why would Belfast then send in footage? To incriminate?

Do you guys actually think these things through before posting?

I'm glad the video footage was shown by the league and explained.. On 1st look I like most others thought dirty hit, then when watching the slow-mo footage it's clear it was not.

And i think the EIHL have set a good example hear on showing the footage and explaining their decision as well..

James

Administrator
oneill said:
And i think the EIHL have set a good example hear on showing the footage and explaining their decision as well..
Agreed. It's still all a bit smoke and mirrors till we get a full tariff list but at least they clearly set out the decision.

DevilDom

oneill said:
I'm glad the video footage was shown by the league and explained.. On 1st look I like most others thought dirty hit, then when watching the slow-mo footage it's clear it was not.

I agree its a good positive move by the league and I'm glad that someone hasn't been punished for something they didn't do.

I think all the original poster and fans alike would want to see is consistency with all incidents and all teams. This hasn't happened in the past but I wait to be pleasantly surprised.

Thread starter #15
jester said:
Baz-lar said:

;)

In all honesty why make a post like this as it only portrays you as being a moaner, if things dont go your way :?
Got something on my hook - it's a nibble, no it's a full on bite!!! Reel him in....

:lol:

Thread starter #16
DevilDom said:
oneill said:

I agree its a good positive move by the league and I'm glad that someone hasn't been punished for something they didn't do.

I think all the original poster and fans alike would want to see is consistency with all incidents and all teams. This hasn't happened in the past but I wait to be pleasantly surprised.
Exactly - thank you - hence the 'precedent' statement - consistency would be good. Use of technology, when it is available, should be used.

Paul Sullivan

Best news I have heard in ages.

At least with video support there is no grey area. If it's now accepted evidence then indeed, happy hockey days.

Well done EIHL. And well done Brendan Shanahan for pioneering this kind of response.

Glad the footage was used in the end, as it is the right thing to do.

However, this makes Voth's ban for Clark skating into his back last season look even more ridiculous when there was clear video evidence. Why can it be used when a Belfast want it, but not a smaller team? Or have the rules changed again now?

DWD

Baz-lar said:
jester said:
Baz-lar said:

;)

Got something on my hook - it's a nibble, no it's a full on bite!!! Reel him in....

:lol:
ah the old "I was on a wind up..honest" manoeuvre.

Scott said:
Glad the footage was used in the end, as it is the right thing to do.

However, this makes Voth's ban for Clark skating into his back last season look even more ridiculous when there was clear video evidence. Why can it be used when a Belfast want it, but not a smaller team? Or have the rules changed again now?
BRAEHEAD submitted the video evidence for the hit to be reviewed with a look at further discipline,on review its was overturned. So the Giants would not have submitted any video evidence BRAEHEAD did. :roll:

Ah yes DWD thanks for reminding me, so when i replied it was a wind up but in your very next post you thank someone for agreeing with you. make your mind up :roll: