Trevor Hendrikx

bozman said:
another signing can't see Maxi back now :cry:
Looks like another tough guy.just watched some of his videos on youtube fight after fight.i did notice 100 points in 250 games so that's not bad.i just hope we don't see ban after ban this season.

Have Hope#35

Why? This guys a D'man... One forward and One d'man left to sign! We may not re-sign Boom Boom but not sure this signing suggests that we wont!? Really pleased with this signing, our defence is looking really strong physically... Ben Bowns is looking well protected!

Have Hope#35

Colezy07 said:
bozman said:
Looks like another tough guy.just watched some of his videos on youtube fight after fight.i did notice 100 points in 250 games so that's not bad.i just hope we don't see ban after ban this season.
I reckon he's the sort of player to only step up and fight when needed... A bit like Marsh! That sort of tough guy doesn't hold too much risk in terms of bans.

bozman

Thread starter #6
Have Hope#35 said:
Why? This guys a D'man... One forward and One d'man left to sign! We may not re-sign Boom Boom but not sure this signing suggests that we wont!? Really pleased with this signing, our defence is looking really strong physically... Ben Bowns is looking well protected!
sorry didnt notice he was a d mr know it all

Have Hope#35 said:
Colezy07 said:
bozman said:
I reckon he's the sort of player to only step up and fight when needed... A bit like Marsh! That sort of tough guy doesn't hold too much risk in terms of bans.
HOPE SO fingers crossed :D

Voted the best hitter last season,can't wait to play Coventry now :-D.gonna be the best playing keefe and Lloyd line immm sooooo looking forward to this :-D

Have Hope#35

bozman said:
Have Hope#35 said:
I really don't know it all... I just read the article on Devils website ;)

ASHIPP

Now we're talking! A tough blue liner to add to Tyson's skills is just the news we need. Looks like Trevor will be v difficult to play against .

Welcome to Cardiff, Trevor.

Temme

He looks a good signing, although would be nice to see him replicate what he was able to do in his Youth that got him drafted twice.

Will add plenty of toughness to our weak team... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Super excited with the team and how it's shaping up. Looks like being one hell of a season!

With regards to the maxi situation, the Batch article says that Batch will be playing as part of a 6 D man unit.

Let's say for arguments sake, the lines go:

Marsh-Hendrikx
Richie-Hudson
Batch-Import

That would imply that there's only 1 more D to sign (and it's another import...)

Therefore, there's still space to sign another import (if we want/need to?)

The forward lines, for arguments sake:

LW - C - RW
Haddad-Culligan-Walton
Clarkson-Lord-Import
Mychan-Myers-Mo

Piggott CJ

This would mean that there's still space for an import forward, but it's gotta be a right winger (unless Lord/Mo are playing as wingers/centres)

Either way you look at it, we don't really have a need for a LW guy, so i guess it's looking doubtful for Maxi already, and i wouldn't like to see him playing on D.

I agree though, it would have been lovely to see him back with us in Devils colours.

Rempel16

Looks like an excellent addition to our defence.
And this takes the pressure from Marsh and Hudson in terms of being relied on for toughness.

Looking at how we are stacked now I would expect Mychan to be the most active, with Hendrikx next. Then Clarkson will be used as an intimidating presence. We then have further toughness down the roster through Marsh, Hudson and Lord, but I am expecting these three to be too valuable on the ice to be fighting often.

I would suggest that this guy is the replacement for Plumton and he looks a good one.

Not sure how he was the best bodychecker in the CHL though as i thought Bochek (Coventry new forward) was voted that accolade. Regardless, he's likely to be fairly physical and the way we are looking there isn't a team in the league that will enjoy coming into the BBT this year (although i'm sure Keefe and Morency will relish the challenge).

Roll on September.

Have Hope#35

Rempel16 said:
Looks like an excellent addition to our defence.
And this takes the pressure from Marsh and Hudson in terms of being relied on for toughness.

Looking at how we are stacked now I would expect Mychan to be the most active, with Hendrikx next. Then Clarkson will be used as an intimidating presence. We then have further toughness down the roster through Marsh, Hudson and Lord, but I am expecting these three to be too valuable on the ice to be fighting often.

I would suggest that this guy is the replacement for Plumton and he looks a good one.

Not sure how he was the best bodychecker in the CHL though as i thought Bochek (Coventry new forward) was voted that accolade. Regardless, he's likely to be fairly physical and the way we are looking there isn't a team in the league that will enjoy coming into the BBT this year (although i'm sure Keefe and Morency will relish the challenge).

Roll on September.
You're right about Bocheck: "Trevor Hendrikx was third behind Blaze's Bocheck and Colt King for best hitter in the CHL and is also apparently a very decent PP weapon." It's nice to know that whatever line is out on the ice that there will almost definitely be someone who can step up and fight if necessary!

jimmy snels

Another good signing by the looks of it. Super stoked for this season already.

Too add to the maxi debate running along side this. Personally I think he's been a great player and servant. I get some have got to know him etc and feel more attached. But putting sentiment aside I think he's been on the decline for a while and the BOOM BOOM became much less frequent.

bozman

Thread starter #16
Have Hope#35 said:
bozman said:
Have Hope#35 said:
I really don't know it all... I just read the article on Devils website ;)
ha haahaha good one fella

Ocko

We are going to be an absolute nightmare to play against next year.

Marsh, Lord, Clarkson, Mychan & Hendrikx are all legit heavyweights in this league, then add in some light heavies/middleweights in Hudson and Haddad and we look seriously tough. With the exception of Walton are all big guys and hitters too.

This has to be one of the toughest teams the league has ever seen only the London Racers side of 04/05 is tougher IMO.

Finny

I bet there are guys on other teams looking at our roster and really wincing at how physical and tough we look.

I'm sure we'll start getting the 'goon squad' tag from other fans, but when you look at each player it couldn't be further from the truth.

Yes Hendrikx looks like he will drop the gloves if needed, but he's shown he can score good points for a defenceman in the ECHL and you don't do that unless you're talented.

Another very pleasing signing. The only other teams close to finalising their squad are Hull, Nottingham and Coventry and for the first time since I started doing my goal predictions - I've got us to out score them all. :eek:

And we've still got two more imports to sign........... :shock: