Trevor Cox Suspended - 1 Game

ASHIPP

Ouch. Trevor is a game changer at the moment. Any absence from him is not good news, especially as it's another league game tonight, away in a difficult place. :mad:

pjj365

What prompted this review and upgrading of the call?
Are DOPS watching every game in fine detail in time for the next days games?
Or did Blaze call for the review?

Devil94

Our discipline letting us down again. This was silly, no need for it and it could cost us dearly tonight. It could have easily cost us more on the night too, he did go on and score the game winning goal after all.

Devils86

Our discipline letting us down again. This was silly, no need for it and it could cost us dearly tonight.
TBF Halbert was being 'antagonistic' (is the polite word I'll use) throughout to various smaller Devils - we need to unleash the Lou rather than getting our skill players thinking they need to settle the score themselves. Did I see Halbert change lines last night to AVOID Lou after the first few niggles at our boys?

All for team toughness but at the moment we seem to have gone from repeated Third Man In situations to our bigger lads breaking stuff up - and in the case of Thompson last night, getting penalised for it. Reckon we probably have enough about us to let whoever is taking exception to matters just go an handle it themselves....which I know is completely contradictory to what I said in the above paragraph!

Devil94

TBF Halbert was being 'antagonistic' (is the polite word I'll use) throughout to various smaller Devils - we need to unleash the Lou rather than getting our skill players thinking they need to settle the score themselves. Did I see Halbert change lines last night to AVOID Lou after the first few niggles at our boys?
Yes he was, so was Tallberg. But the reason they do it is to draw penalties, which we seem to fall for everytime. We lost our rag at McNulty from Guildford too, where we had a powerplay coming then we evened up the call doing something stupid. Trevor Cox could have been thrown from the game yesterday, and I'm not sure we win that game if he was. And now it's carried over to a league game today. No way was it worth it.

august04 2.0

I saw it on the night, thought it was spearing, rather than the slashing call. Not surprised at all. I don’t like this “third man in” that we've seen too in recent games. Thompson was lucky last night to get away with it, stepping in between Cox and the Blaze player. The refs could have called that quite easily and he would have been ejected from the game. Cox is game enough to stand up for himself, stupid play from Thompson.

kettdevil1

No, Lou’s hit was after it, his was the reaction. But halbert should have been dealt with at some point also.
Well spotted... 6 minutes after the original hit. I stand corrected.

The point still stands however, there is always an action/reaction in hockey. I would be pretty confident that Cox did not do the spear randomly so the Sisyphusian process of revenge/more revenge will no doubt continue next game.... which does make these match ups a bit more exciting

E.D.S.

Agree. It’s frustrating but you take this aspect of his game from him and he wouldn’t be the same player. He’s got balls of steel and plays on the edge. I love it (but yes… a daft suspension)