Tough Stuff 2016/17

Thread starter #1
Right folks,

I hear rumbles of concern over the devils lack of toughness this year, especially as some teams are shaping up to be pretty formidable.

With players like Jansen, Marsh and Salters out of the equation who are your key picks of the toughest guys across the league this year?

Personally I'm excited to see what Jay Rosehill brings to the table for Clan but I'm sure the more seasoned inferno users can show me some tough players that I've overlooked.

Batch has got his work cut out for him this season!

Let's Go Devils!

Temme

CardiffdevilsCaswell said:
Right folks,

I hear rumbles of concern over the devils lack of toughness this year, especially as some teams are shaping up to be pretty formidable.

With players like Jansen, Marsh and Salters out of the equation who are your key picks of the toughest guys across the league this year?

Personally I'm excited to see what Jay Rosehill brings to the table for Clan but I'm sure the more seasoned inferno users can show me some tough players that I've overlooked.

Batch has got his work cut out for him this season!

Let's Go Devils!
Rosehill is unlikely to play in the UK due to visa issues (he stole a car around 12 years ago...)

Although he played the "enforcer" style role in the NHL, he will be here if he makes it as more of a Janssen style player, hits hard etc.

His skating is unlike anything you'll ever see, better than 95% of NHL players.

Belfast are looking very tough this year with Nickerson, Vandermeer, Martinelli, Keefe, Riley.

Don't think there's enough goals on their roster to be winning the league though, however Belfasts tough guys can definitely play a bit also.

in Klotz Coventry have a guy that will fight anyone, and do very well, but not much else in terms of scoring or anything else. (Think Sean McMorrow...)

I do fear a little that we aren't as tough as normal and I don't buy into the "team toughness" and "they won't catch our little guys" nonsense.

Watching Fitzgerald hammer Kurka, Doucet, Morrissette every time they crossed the blueline was almost fun to watch last year.

Wannabe2

Thanks for replies boys, Belfast does indeed sound extremely tough this year.

Could you link me to the thread Wannabe? That would be awesome. :)
It's the last couple of pages on the Devils v Banska thread.

Wannabe2

There's also no confirmation that Rosehill won't be here, there's also rumours that' he is late due to his wife giving birth.???

Rempel16

According to Clan forum Rosehill was due to arrive on Sunday. That was then responded to with an apparent sighting of him with the rest of the players in town.

But who knows? Lol.

Temme

That's a real shame about Jay Rosehill. My brother is a long-time leafs fan and I know we would have both loved to see him play, even though he'd be in purple and not red.

I'm a massive Philly Flyers fan (Cardiff come 2nd to Philly... sorry...)
Rosehill was the best skater on the entire roster when we had him.

Link: http://www.nj.com/flyers/index.ssf/2014 ... ehill.html

It's no joke that he will be the best skater in the league. He outskated Simmonds, Voracek, Streit, GIROUX...

It's no joke that he will be the best skater in the league. He outskated Simmonds, Voracek, Streit, GIROUX..
Jay is a great skater, deceiving for the type of player he is too. Didn't he win the fastest skater in some sort of fan competition thing the flyers held?

jimmy snels

MikeRichards18 said:
It's no joke that he will be the best skater in the league. He outskated Simmonds, Voracek, Streit, GIROUX..
Jay is a great skater, deceiving for the type of player he is too. Didn't he win the fastest skater in some sort of fan competition thing the flyers held?
Yep... temme posted us a link on page one :lol:

Right folks,

NOT ANY MORE :Banana

ENTER MONSIEUR BORDELEAU

:pickle :Banana :pickle

Thread starter #17
I literally can't get over what a signing this is. Each year with the Devils has been more and more exciting and I think I enjoyed last season more than any other. This season is shaping up to be the best yet. I think we can safely say toughness is no longer an issue :lol: :lol:

Devil_Abroad

Storm's tough guy has landed. Looked at one of his fights today - man that Neilson is tough. Took a battering from MacIntyre but just stood there and gave some back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk