Top 3 Imports in elite league era

Thread starter #1
Which 3 imports for the team you support,or an opposing team have impressed you the most

Favourite coventry blaze players
1 Matt beleskey- blessed to have a player of his undoubted quality in this country,ripping it up in the nhl with 16 goals,top pp scorer in the league with 8
2 Dan Carlson,this guy was a goal scoring machine on the AC/DC line,year in year out top of the scoring charts scored every type of goal,scrappy or otherwise
3 Neal Martin - best defenceman I've seen in a blaze Jersey,nobody since he left has come close to filling his shoes,rarely got caught out of position in the defensive zone,contributed with the odd goal and assist.

Mark Smith(center) one of the fastest and most skillful players we've seen.

Craig Weller, When he was on the ice he was the best player out there just always looked head and shoulders above everyone else.

Gerad Adams. Won trophies with sheffield could play forward or d just as well was an animal on the forecheck and had a decent coaching record for us too!

Ocko

For us it was fairly straight forward for me;

1. Voth - Gave us a franchise player we didn't really have the right to, based on our facilities and finances. Carried our hope and entertainment from his first game in the WNIR until his last. Epitomised everything you want in a Devil.

2. Weller - The most effective player I've seen play for us in my 22 years of watching. Transformed a team who at the time were struggling to title contenders. Could do a bit of everything at this level and was too good for the league IMO.

3. Ulmer - Just different gravy to anyone else, like Weller too good for this league. A short stay but this guy had some serious skill and speed that hasn't been matched in Cardiff.

Honourable mentions to Teplitsky, Matzka, Faulkner, Smith, Max and Biz.

For an opposition top 3, I'll base it on who I most wanted to see here in Cardiff.

1. Fleury - A legend over the pond, the league was privileged to have him over here. A nasty piece of work; but that isn't a bad thing to have on your side. Still had it in that season he was with the Giants and was a points machine.

2. Wade Belak - Out of all the NHL'ers that lock out season he was IMO the best player. And also the toughest, beat Cairns and just about anyone else that dare cross him. For me, he is still the toughest player to play here.

3. Neil Martin - One of the best all round D men I've seen in the EIHL. Made everything look easy. Equally as good going forward as he was on D.

Thread starter #4
Ocko said:
For us it was fairly straight forward for me;

1. Voth - Gave us a franchise player we didn't really have the right to, based on our facilities and finances. Carried our hope and entertainment from his first game in the WNIR until his last. Epitomised everything you want in a Devil.

2. Weller - The most effective player I've seen play for us in my 22 years of watching. Transformed a team who at the time were struggling to title contenders. Could do a bit of everything at this level and was too good for the league IMO.

3. Ulmer - Just different gravy to anyone else, like Weller too good for this league. A short stay but this guy had some serious skill and speed that hasn't been matched in Cardiff.

Honourable mentions to Teplitsky, Matzka, Faulkner, Smith, Max and Biz.

For an opposition top 3, I'll base it on who I most wanted to see here in Cardiff.

1. Fleury - A legend over the pond, the league was privileged to have him over here. A nasty piece of work; but that isn't a bad thing to have on your side. Still had it in that season he was with the Giants and was a points machine.

2. Wade Belak - Out of all the NHL'ers that lock out season he was IMO the best player. And also the toughest, beat Cairns and just about anyone else that dare cross him. For me, he is still the toughest player to play here.

3. Neil Martin - One of the best all round D men I've seen in the EIHL. Made everything look easy. Equally as good going forward as he was on D.
Wonder why Neil Martin never made it to the big show

Ocko

Im sure I read somewhere a while back that he was declared 'too small'. Ridiculous I know. I believe he was told he'd have a better career making a move to Europe, later finding himself with the London Knights. I could be completely wrong on this as I can't find anything to back it up!