Tony Hand to play for Nottingham?

Thread starter #1
Following a run of four defeats in their last eight games, BIH understands that the GMB Nottingham Panthers could be looking to bolster their line-up with the addition of British Ice Hockey’s ‘Great One’. Speculation is increasing that the Panthers have agreed a deal to sign current Manchester Phoenix player-coach Tony Hand on a two-way deal for the remainder of the 2009/10 season.
The agreement is likely to see Hand join the current Elite Ice Hockey League leaders for mid-week games only. With the alarming dip in form in recent weeks, it looks as though Nottingham coach Corey Neilson has turned to Hand to add further British depth which they lost during the summer when Matt Myers joined the ECHL’s Bakersfield Condors.
The move could spell the end of Ross Dalgleish’s career in the lace city, with the Scot increasingly seeing less and less ice time. Dalgleish, who joined from the Edinburgh Capitals has hardly set the league a light with only one and one assist in nineteen games so far this season.

Wannabe2

This has to be a joke no player/coach worth his salt would risk injury playing for a third party. Tony Hand is still a big player with his club, and i cant see Manchester allowing that one little bit, his career could be extended in the lower leagues why would he endanger that, sorry this has to be a joke

Gazza272

Being reported on THF that BIH.co.uk has been taken off the media mailing list of the Phoenix.

That should answer everyones question i'ed have thought.

wildthing74

John 1927/1986 said:
Nott Simpson said:
I would have thought some fans would have recalled that the Devils made such a deal in which another clubs coach/manager was signed.
Gary Stefan - temporarily signed from Slough - 1994 European Cup?

John
Thats what I thought OJ was refering to.If so,hardly the same OJ as it was just a 1 off tournament for a few days.Yes he may have got injured but not as if his focus was off Slough for any major parts of the season.If true of Pony,then that would surely be considered a bigger distraction over the season and cant see his employers allowing that?

Finny

IIRC we officially signed Stefan for the whole season, he then played for us in Europe and we then 'loaned him back' to Slough for the rest of the season. Sounds daft - but I think that was the only way we could get around a certain rule.