Tonight

Hopefully...then 5 minute drive to Cogan to watch the Valley Commandos inline training session which includes a fair % of the NIHL team!!

Double hockey night!

Pretty enjoyable for me. Couldn't understand a word that TK was saying on the mic but enjoyed the drills. No Culligan or Haddad. Kurka was scary!

Kurka was scary? I'm very excited to see how he performs this year! ...would love to see him on a line with Salters!
...out of interest, did anyone get any idea of how the lines might look from tonight?

Ocko

Lines were, and TK said it will probably be this on the weekend as well:
Lord - Martin - Mo
Doucet - Kurka - CJ (although I imagine this will be Haddad when he arrives)
Walton - Hervato - Salters

All D pairings are the same as last year.

Mooney#16

Salters on the third I don't actually like if that's the case. I'll explain. The third line forwards are probably going to line match against the opposition third D pairing and this will put Salters in direct conflict with the likes of Nickerson, Fitzgerald and maybe Waugh. He'll end up scraping or getting envolved more than necessary. I'd put Haddad on the third as they are paired with Devils third D which is Batchy and Hendo. Plenty tough enough already. I would want Salters on with Kurka and Doucet to work those boards and get in the low slot to screen for the shooters. He can then back those guys up with the toughness whilst avoiding trouble to play a physical yet productive game.

I know more than anything it's about line chemistry but they have to play together to build that also. I'd like to at least see an attempt from the out to get those lines going.

Earnie

Bit like Kingmo. Enjoyable night but didn't understand hardly a word of what Todd said on the mic!
I guess a 3/4 empty house did not help. Maybe the roving mic. adds to the problem?

kingmo19.2 said:
Pretty enjoyable for me. Couldn't understand a word that TK was saying on the mic but enjoyed the drills. No Culligan or Haddad. Kurka was scary!
Have to agree here, even with the speedy skilled forwards we have now, Kurka stood out. He is that little bit faster and that little bit smoother. He is going to be frightening to watch this season!!! :Banana

Wannabe2

Thread starter #13
Foxy said:
Why isn't Haddad in yet?

I thought all the players were due in the same time as Lord
Haddad had a problem with his Visa, not the clubs or his fault, bit of a cock up with the Visa office, think a few other clubs have experienced the same.