Tomas Kurka

Chris

Administrator
Would it matter?

He left before the new ownership group came in. Looking at the way the team has been signed I doubt he would have featured in Lord, Franny and (possibly) Kelmans plans anyway.

Temme

Kurka was never signed back.

the (old) club said that he had re-signed to sell more Season tickets & improve fan morale after a crap season.

Kurka went along with it as if he had a full-time contract over here (or something like that...) then he gets full custody of his child.

Once all that was sorted with Kurka then it came out that he was never really signed.

Also, the money he was on (if the rumours were true) was a crazy amount.

And furthermore, there were better players in the league last year for less money, Kurka signing was a knee-jerk reaction to try and make 1 man cure an entire team problem.

Although controversial (when am i ever NOT controversial?) I don't believe that he was worth the money he was rumoured to be on.

Finny

rikardo1uk said:
surely he wasnt on more then the new guys we have signed?
The new contract he 'signed' would have (if rumours were true) seen him on a salary more than 2 or 3 other players combined.

But then the 'contract' was never going to happen it was just a ploy to convince him to agree so they could use it to try and sell season tickets.

Chris

Administrator
Temme said:
Although controversial (when am i ever NOT controversial?) I don't believe that he was worth the money he was rumoured to be on.
Is that controversial?

I thought pretty much everyone agreed he was a good player, but if the rumoured numbers were true then it was simply too much for the team.

Temme

Chris said:
Temme said:
Is that controversial?

I thought pretty much everyone agreed he was a good player, but if the rumoured numbers were true then it was simply too much for the team.

No matter what I normally say i end up finding someone that will argue against it :lol:

Wannabe2

Temme said:
Kurka was never signed back.

the (old) club said that he had re-signed to sell more Season tickets & improve fan morale after a crap season.

Kurka went along with it as if he had a full-time contract over here (or something like that...) then he gets full custody of his child.

Once all that was sorted with Kurka then it came out that he was never really signed.

Also, the money he was on (if the rumours were true) was a crazy amount.

And furthermore, there were better players in the league last year for less money, Kurka signing was a knee-jerk reaction to try and make 1 man cure an entire team problem.
Spot on.