Todd comments

Wannabe2

Well I just watched that podcast and didn’t find anything to bother me, we all have our opinions and rightly so it would be pretty boring without them. As I said earlier let’s now get behind the club we love, and get behind this awesome team and Rolls Royce Coach, the league has gone up another gear this season, and so have we and it’s looking pretty neat from where I sit. Let’s go lads.

Kevin roog

I see Scott Findlay is part of the forum screen shotting brigade. I do love a voyeur.

Come on here and contribute Scott. It's ok sweetheart we don't bite. The more opinions and views the better.
You got to be kidding, he won’t come on here. Screenshot king , and then say the inferno has gone into meltdown,

Todd also comes across as him just chatting with his mates, which obviously from the interview is exactly what he is doing
I agree that this is what he is doing. However in doing so he is doing exactly the same that he accuses fans of doing. That is, sharing on (social) media what he thinks rather than keeping it to a conversation between his mates that isn’t published. To me it just seems unprofessional of him.

Diablo3

I agree that this is what he is doing. However in doing so he is doing exactly the same that he accuses fans of doing. That is, sharing on (social) media what he thinks rather than keeping it to a conversation between his mates that isn’t published. To me it just seems unprofessional of him.
TBH who gives a crap. Todd is probably the best GM in the league and he is right, some people are nice as pie to his face, but not on social media.

drainage

Let's see..

Gives a quote on a Belfast podcast to talk shit about Cardiff fans.

Says we're two-faced...

Irony.

Would love to know if the owners feel the same as Kelman.
Doesn’t say that at all he cited some fans saying like the logo to his face , slating it on SM then being in a queue to buy merchandise! That is actually the definition of 2 faced …..I haven’t taken any exception to his comments at all. In my view he’s stated his opinion and I don’t disagree with him

E.D.S.

Good to see the usual Devils fans out in force on X making complete tits of themselves. Moaning about how toxic Devils fans are and how they can’t believe the over reaction whilst over reacting themselves on X for the world to see. The only problem being, they don’t see it themselves. Complete clowns, the lot of them.

JC23

What’s come out of this for me is that I’d love to hear more from Todd in that kind of setting re: the league, rivals, his own personal views. It was almost as though he spoke like a fan and not the GM. Well worth a listen.

The AVFTB folks came across well. Not sure how long they’ve been doing this but it’s very polished. Could they do the commentary on game nights instead of that other screechy fella?
That screechy fella, Simon Kitchen, is one of the AVFTB hosts.

Slartibartfast

I always like listening to Todd and Im a bit 'meh' about the logo but one thing I disagree with is the reaction when it was announced, The clap was very muted and many were silent and there was even a boo that I thought was a bit OTT. Todd overhyped the logo announcement. Most people don't give a shit about the logo we just love hockey and the most exciting thing is a new player announcement. He is right that there will always be some that are negative to change but he amplified it by massively overhyping it and getting people to the rink on false pretences. Todd is great for the club but his enthusiasm sometimes blinds him and he gets it wrong. Maybe I am one of the old gits (fan of 34 years) that he thinks will never buy a shirt but if my kids want another one I will buy it for them. But even my 11 year daughter thought that the big announcement sucked.

Kevin roog

Out of curiosity, has anyone seen much screenshotting of other forums and put on twitter, or does all the teams even have forums , personally you couldn’t pay me enough to go on the Sheffield or Belfast forums and Coventry are irrelevant anyway

Paul Sullivan

So we go from 'he can do one' to reason and calm once the context is more fully understood.

Honestly, sometimes... There's plenty of times we've had serious things to worry about. I'm all for discussion and opinions but I genuinely believe some of our fans actively seek to create some drama (same fr all teams). I don't know where some of them find joy in their lives.

I'm a staunch ally of Todd's. Make no bones about it. I've seen some of the other management work up close in our league for years. Sweet Jebus you don't want some of those anywhere near us.

kettdevil1

So we go from 'he can do one' to reason and calm once the context is more fully understood.

Honestly, sometimes... There's plenty of times we've had serious things to worry about. I'm all for discussion and opinions but I genuinely believe some of our fans actively seek to create some drama (same fr all teams). I don't know where some of them find joy in their lives.

I'm a staunch ally of Todd's. Make no bones about it. I've seen some of the other management work up close in our league for years. Sweet Jebus you don't want some of those anywhere near us.
Yep, sums it up for me. I absolutely take and agree with @Kevlar68 that this forum is mild compared to many, but that doesn't detract from the cringe factor when there is a knee jerk reaction to things and it seems to be getting worse. There has been a marked decline in rational argument in favour of ranting and the way people back down from opinions means you are never sure if they are being serious or not.

I quite enjoyed listening to the AVFTB podcast, found nothing particularly controversial in it and am still a bit surprised by some of the posts at the start of the thread.

It would be really boring if we all agreed but frankly arguing over which line Barrow should play on or which NM should start on Saturday feels far more productive than made up outrage