Todd comments

E.D.S.

What’s come out of this for me is that I’d love to hear more from Todd in that kind of setting re: the league, rivals, his own personal views. It was almost as though he spoke like a fan and not the GM. Well worth a listen.

The AVFTB folks came across well. Not sure how long they’ve been doing this but it’s very polished. Could they do the commentary on game nights instead of that other screechy fella?

Have Hope#35

What’s come out of this for me is that I’d love to hear more from Todd in that kind of setting re: the league, rivals, his own personal views. It was almost as though he spoke like a fan and not the GM. Well worth a listen.

The AVFTB folks came across well. Not sure how long they’ve been doing this but it’s very polished. Could they do the commentary on game nights instead of that other screechy fella?
They've been doing it for years, (their Twitter page is from 2009) it was one of the first in the EIHL era. Some are better than others but it's a rivals podcast so can't expect them all to hit the spot.

Have Hope#35

Thanks. I'll have a listen when I have time. It sounds like some mind games from across the Irish sea before the weekend then. ;-)
Its come from the host of another Podcast and he's a Coventry Fan. You can see from some people's reaction that they've only read the tweet/quote and not listened to the actual interview!

BostonBart22

Think the place is a sell out due to the team playing so well, can’t we just concentrate on this very good team and forget the negatives. It’s awhile since we have had something to shout about and this team is just that, so let’s concentrate on the positives.
Here here .

Finny

He doesn't care about fans being pissed off about the logo change.

That part doesn't bother me at all because the logo was clearly his brain child.

But calling his fan base two faced when we all know come Sunday he will act like he's your best mate in order to get your wallet out and spend money on the club...

He can do one.
Have you watched the actual clip?

Diafol

That original 2-line quote in the tweet seems deliberate mind.
Almost as if the Giants podcast guys have gone:

"Hey Blaze podcast guy, can you quote something vaguely controversial for us without any context - we could get some decent publicity and extra listeners out of this, and at the same time wind up the Devils fans something rotten !"

Blaze podcast guy "Well if you scratch my back..."

Straight out of the tabloid journalist's handbook !

I think he was wrong in calling people dumb, people are allowed to use any social media platform to voice what they think being good or bad, he is not complaining when Devils use it to spread there message. I remember him saying how good twitter was and telling players to make an account. That what it made for!

The other thing for me is you should care, it feels like the hardcore/older supporter are being pushed out for the younger/more casual supporter. Bit like welsh rugby. I quite like how open Todd can be however he does go close to the mark at times.

I played the podcast too. Not massively contentious but I could have done without the revisionism about logo launch night. My recollection was neither crickets nor ovation. There was some polite applause following a prompt that was the part where we clap.

The group sitting around me was mostly meh, neither ecstatic nor seething hatred.

I'm still not a fan of chains - not as a matter of taste (I'm not the target market) but I'm amazed they couldn't source a UK supplier that could have provided a cheap looking chain and some foam backed laminate at half the cost. Comparing it to prices in the NHL was a tad pointless when the size of our fanbase is more like that of non-league football.

Kevlar68

I think the problem people may have with his comment is the "I don't care".
It would have been a bit better if he had said "I can understand the fans comments but..........". If he doesn't care of what the fans think where else could his ideas lead IF he doesn't listen to the fans opinions?
You don't have to act on the fans opinions BUT you just can't dismiss them either.
His comment doesn't really bother me, it's just Todd being Todd.

Last edited:

SteveKing

Let's see..

Gives a quote on a Belfast podcast to talk shit about Cardiff fans.

Says we're two-faced...

Irony.

Would love to know if the owners feel the same as Kelman.

Thanks for your valuable and well thought out input here, Swarley. You certainly don’t mind calling Todd and us out with no fact or logic behind it. You asked for my opinion, you got it.

fridaysfingers

Seems that people can vent on here and social media to their hearts content but some are not so fussed with some home truths.
I would have liked to have had an interview with Todd giving his views put out by the Devils prior to the logo reveal similar to what was said today which might have eased everyone into it and caused less of a reaction.

And it’s not all about fan’s putting their hands in their pockets, as it seems to be the owners dipping into theirs for a new import today.
Not the best worded post sorry