Time for Pope to be sacked??

Have Hope#35

SPEEDACE said:
His record is certainly no better than G's, we all know Mr Ragan isn't very patient
Wrong man for the job from the start... And he hasn't given me any reason not to stand by that! Things are worse under Pope if I'm honest!

voth26

+1
pope should have been aware of the old saying beware what you wish for cause you might just get it!!!, interesting to see that pope himself is already looking for "his" replacement clearly the grass isnt greener on the other side of the fence for mr pope :roll: :roll:
Now i hope he knows how G felt because i dont see pr shouting his support for pope from the roof of the BBT.

bluedevil said:
Paul Sullivan said:
schulersagoodun said:
SPEEDACE said:
....... Things are worse under Pope if I'm honest!
What 'things' ?
League position
Attendance
Customer satisfaction

The little things.
Nothing important then? He does have an ice bath though...
you cant forget the ice bath! :lol:

seriously though this is exactly why I couldnt credit pope for the win up in Belfast. hes now had a few games in the position and I see nothing better than what G was giving us.

Paul Sullivan said:
schulersagoodun said:
SPEEDACE said:
....... Things are worse under Pope if I'm honest!
What 'things' ?
League position
Attendance
Customer satisfaction

The little things.

Not forgetting:
Training Drills
Player Happiness
"Time Out" Team Talks
PR's

Pope is the wrong guy for the job. Decisions made by management that have no clue about Ice Hockey, Man-Managment or Public Relations.

It sickens me the state of the club right now :cry:

Finny said:
Are we sure they're supposed to be ice baths and we're not simply saving money on hot water?
He's probably found a bath from a skip, gotten water from the bay and has talked enough rubbish to morrisons that they have sorted out a deal on bags of ice.

#nohopewithpope

nicky27

I have followed the Devils for 14 years (season ticket every year) and I'm now finding myself not wanting to go to games. Feel very sad about it!!

Wannabe2

nicky27 said:
I have followed the Devils for 14 years (season ticket every year) and I'm now finding myself not wanting to go to games. Feel very sad about it!!
Totally agree with you Nick, its very sad times for the club we all hold so dear. Things obviously need to change to get this once proud club back on track, Devils fans deserve so much more.

ASHIPP

Get rid of the icebath and bring in a hungry determined and commited coach who will be completely focused on turning things around.

ASHIPP said:
Get rid of the icebath and bring in a hungry determined and commited coach who will be completely focused on turning things around.
Who do you have in mind,? That is (a) available (b) within our budget and (c) has the attributes, qualifications and proven track record that the current band of Devils Management detractors insist are a pre-requisite for the job to restore the Devils to their previous lofty status within British Ice Hockey.

voth26

I think pr should bite the bullet, show some balls and ask G if he would be prepared to return to the bench WITHOUT any interference from pr, who knows it might just might turn the season around as there is clearly low morale/confidence amongst the team coupled by the fact pope isn't making any difference in fact quite possibly making it 10 times worse. The team seemed as if they had respect for G i'm not so sure that's the case for pope!!. im getting to the stage of instead of whole heartedly looking forward to games im thinking what else can I do with £90 it costs me to go to games and that saddens me after watching the devils for around 20yrs

I would appoint a new coach to this league with no baggage from another Elite team but even then do you think he would be able to coach the team at this club without any interference from PR & BP??
I guarantee that Pope would still want to be on the bench.
Until the club is rid of this regime nothing will change whoever is brought in to coach.

And I'm not saying there is anyone queuing up to take control but the truth of the matter is we will continue to flounder from one c**k up to another until the there's a clear out.

It's a shame but I feel like a lot of people in the fan base, I've met some great people & had some great times following the Devils ( home & away) but finding it more of a chore now days:(

Sorry but that is the reality

mazza03

Wannabe2 said:
nicky27 said:
Totally agree with you Nick, its very sad times for the club we all hold so dear. Things obviously need to change to get this once proud club back on track, Devils fans deserve so much more.
ST since 1990 and really don't want to go to games at the minute. :(

Edited to ask, what's an ice bath for? it's blooming cold enough without one.