Ticket Prices in IAW

Thread starter #1
I've seen the Gold/Silver/Bronze seating plan for season-tickets, but there is no information on normal tickets.

Does this mean that certain tickets will be more and some will be cheaper?

If this is so, I hope that the current prices will reflect the 'Silver' ticket prices and not the 'Bronze'. If it was the latter that would mean only a minority of the seats would be the same price.

Have Hope#35

Gwynfor said:
I've seen the Gold/Silver/Bronze seating plan for season-tickets, but there is no information on normal tickets.

Does this mean that certain tickets will be more and some will be cheaper?

If this is so, I hope that the current prices will reflect the 'Silver' ticket prices and not the 'Bronze'. If it was the latter that would mean only a minority of the seats would be the same price.
Only £1 more per ticket for Silver which is completely justified considering the facility we're getting and the fact that it was £17 a ticket just two seasons ago when we were 9th!

pjj365

Interesting terminology on pricing

You cease to be a child at 15. To be fair if the Welsh Government have their way there will be votes for 16 year olds so this might, in time, be right. In the meantime it seems a bit low. But, if parents are paying would a 16 year old want to be called a child - intersting conundrum! You could though complicate the pricing further by introducing a full time student discount tier

At the other end of the scale to be entitled to a concession you need to be an OAP. Given differing state benefit entitlements according to gender and birthday this could be discriminatory. But, what is an OAP - someone drawing a state pension or just entitled to do so? Accross the board 60 is the age for concessionary travel.

In both cases is there a mid season adjustment - cost if you reach 16 refund if you become an OAP!!

I will now take my tounge out of my cheek and get on with life - the pricing works

youngbob

pjj365 said:
Interesting terminology on pricing

But, what is an OAP - someone drawing a state pension or just entitled to do so? s
Been buying concession season ticket since age 60 - and date of birth is on the application form

It's also 60 at other rinks

Ocko

Completely the right age range for child tickets. If someone is 16 they could be drawing a wage and earning what some 'adults' do, if they are in full time education, which the majority usually are these days they are entitled to a concession as a student.

pjj365

It wasn't the banding, price or administration I was comnenting on in my flight of fancy but the terminology of OAP

Also, I am aware of student concessions but simply musing out loud if another focused tier might be applied/appropriate

drainage

Jonesy83 said:
Have they done away with the family of 4 ticket price selection? Can't see it listed.
There isn't one - am sure they said that 2 x adults and 2 x child didn't have any saving hence no family ticket

The announcement on the website states "The Devils have eliminated family season ticket packages because the prices for these packages worked out the same as 2 Adults and 2 children."

"he United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child defines child as "a human being below the age of 18 years unless under the law applicable to the child, majority is attained earlier". This is ratified by 192 of 194 member countries." from the NSPCC site.

16-18 is a very grey area but legally still a child.

Anyone know what age you pay a child ticket from? As in BBT is was under 3s free, Sheffield etc are 5 and under are free. Just curious (i appreciate sheffield/nottingham have a lot more seats still.

I don't think there is a definate age to be classed as an adult.( By that I mean an age businesses are bind to )

In Disney World Florida when buying tickets , an adult is classed as anyone who is 10 yrs old + , which I think is a rip off !!

Devil_Abroad

Surely it is down to the organisation selling tickets to their event to define the pricing packages and terminology used?

If people are so concerned on what defines the term 'child' then maybe direct your requests to the Devils organisation to re-define the terms they use to classify concessions - maybe use 'under 16' (or are they already)

Though I would suggest this is further evidence of the PC world we now inhabit

Yowzer, am I over reacting? [emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have Hope#35

I personally believe that 16 is the correct age... As someone pointed out earlier if a 16 year old isn't a Student and therefore entitled to Concession rates then they should have a job! Ultimately it's up to the club to call, I go to the British MotoGP every year and a Child is Under 16... 15-16 years old is about the average age for adult tickets to UK Events these days!

samidevils said:
"he United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child defines child as "a human being below the age of 18 years unless under the law applicable to the child, majority is attained earlier". This is ratified by 192 of 194 member countries." from the NSPCC site.

Anyone know what age you pay a child ticket from? As in BBT is was under 3s free, Sheffield etc are 5 and under are free. Just curious (i appreciate sheffield/nottingham have a lot more seats still.
"Legally a child"? (Thank God) the UK, a signatory to the UNC, also has it's own sovereign legal system. The Convention is applicable to the rights of a child, which doesn't, I believe, include hockey tickets as a basic human right. Also, as to "majority", would we have a different pricing structure for a Scottish 16 yo, who voted in the independence referendum? Also, by your logic, under 3's should pay.

:!:

pjj365

jayemm said:
samidevils said:

"Legally a child"? (Thank God) the UK, a signatory to the UNC, also has it's own sovereign legal system. The Convention is applicable to the rights of a child, which doesn't, I believe, include hockey tickets as a basic human right. Also, as to "majority", would we have a different pricing structure for a Scottish 16 yo, who voted in the independence referendum? Also, by your logic, under 3's should pay.

:!:
We need to corect this hockey tickets should be a basic human right