Thornton's ban announced

puck

Thread starter #1
According to someone on THF. Thornton's ban has been announced as 9 games.

It would be wise to wait for the official announcement before getting too carried away though. As we know all too well, these things have a habit of changing.

If this does end up being true, it would suggest that Voth's ban for the slash will be reduced to at least 4 games I would think.. (I would have expected Thornton to have recieved at least 15 games under the 'Voth' tariff)

That combined with the 2 he should get for the 'sucker-punch' (inline with Shanker and Partrick's bans) would add up nicely to the 6 confirmed by Convery to the Devils.

These latest bans seem to follow the revised guidelines.

Nothing on Giants site so far, however i would think the Giants would automatically appeal leaving Thornton free for this weekends games against Caps and Bison respectively. Another reason the Giants would want to do this is that of the following 9 games, 5 of them are cup games :cool:.

3 are in the challenge cup and a double header against the Steelers in the BKO cup, meaning Thornton would only miss 4 league games which is the most important title to win.

We currently have 2 imports out injured so could really do with them healing quickly if we want to stay around the top of the league while Thornton is out.

glenngiant said:
We currently have 2 imports out injured so could really do with them healing quickly if we want to stay around the top of the league while Thornton is out.
Slightly off topic, but Glenn what's happened to those guys? Macmillan and Martin isn't it? How long are they out for?

Thanks in advance!

Soundwave said:
glenngiant said:
Slightly off topic, but Glenn what's happened to those guys? Macmillan and Martin isn't it? How long are they out for?

Thanks in advance!
MacMillan had an awkward fall in training and broke a few fingers while Martin separated his shoulder against Hull, both should be back soon, Martin might take slightly longer but i think once Macmillan gets the cast of he would come straight back in, if not this weekend hopefully the following one.

Wannabe2

Soundwave said:
If this does end up being true, it would suggest that Voth's ban for the slash will be reduced to at least 4 games I would think.. (I would have expected Thornton to have recieved at least 15 games under the 'Voth' tariff)

That combined with the 2 he should get for the 'sucker-punch' (inline with Shanker and Partrick's bans) would add up nicely to the 6 confirmed by Convery to the Devils.

That says it all, Brad should be out for 6 games

Wannabe2 said:
Soundwave said:

That says it all, Brad should be out for 6 games
No, he should have just got a Match penalty for the slash. That's it.

James

Administrator
glenngiant said:
It appears in light of the Vipers reporting Thornton the Giants have reported Todd Griffith and Rob Rankin for tag teaming on Bobby Robins in the last 2 seconds of the game on Sunday night.
Hooray .. 1 line hockey all round :S

It is very sad, I never would have believed that the day would come that a finesse player like Steve Thornton would have been banned as if he was a robust over physical player.

It makes you think what ban "they" would have "created" for Steve Moria in his heyday.

Furthermore if I was a player or a club official what ban would I get bearing in mind my previous with BP.

OJ

Wannabe2

Nott Simpson said:
It is very sad, I never would have believed that the day would come that a finesse player like Steve Thornton would have been banned as if he was a robust over physical player.

It makes you think what ban "they" would have "created" for Steve Moria in his heyday.

Furthermore if I was a player or a club official what ban would I get bearing in mind my previous with BP.

OJ
You most definately would have been burnt at the stake, after recieving fifty lashes, tarred and feathered, and put in the stock in Queen St for a period of 12 weeks for being a traitor to the HIERARCHY. And thats letting you off lightly.

Wannabe2

And so the Muppet show rolls on.
Posted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:27 pm Post subject: Vipers pair could now be banned

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.newcastlevipers.com/latest-h ... e-punished Looks like tit for tat to me. The league has only themselves to blame for this, after the Harsh ban on Voth other clubs are going to follow suit and pick up on any incident and report to the league.
I think there will be many more times this season that this is going to go on.

I support the Voth.

Been confirmed 9 games for Thornton, 5 for the slash 3 for reckless use of the stick and his 2+2 was upgraded giving him 9 games.

Griffith and Rankin both suspended for one game each for instigating a fight in he last 5 minutes.

As expected Giants are to appeal so Thornton will play this weekend.