This Weekend

DevilDom

Thread starter #1
We have 2 very tough fixtures this weekend, however I think that if we want to really challenge for the league this year we should be looking to take a minimum of 3 points from these games.

I know thats quite a tough ask, but we have already lost in Belfast and they have taken 3 points from 2 games at our rink, whilst Nottingham have looked shaky away lately and we need to capitalise on that.

We need to take points from our main rivals and I believe these 2, along with the Chavs will be there upto the end of the season.

Gaz G

If we have aspirations of winning the league etc every game is a big game. Doesn't matter who we are playing or where we are playing.

Finny

I think it's fair to say that weekends don't get much tougher than this.
Flying to Belfast on the Saturday, then flying back for a home game against Nottingham - but enough of the arguments about flying.

We don't have a very good record in recent years in Belfast, and we also have a poor record at home to Nottingham.

And in the last 14 games the only teams we have lost to are Nottingham and Belfast!

for what its worth you absolutely destroyed the panthers for 2 periods last time they were here, they had no answer to your wave after wave of offence, and in the first period when they played better your defence was pretty solid. I think this was the game that made me think Lyle had regained his form.

Id expect and hope the giants will win in reg in belfast on saturday the bigger ice will allow swzez benedict and shields open up the throttle a little more, and those going over will see that we dont always play clutch and grab defence.

of course this is sport and youll probably beat us 5-0 and loose 1-0 to panthers o/t :lol:

DevilDom

Thread starter #7
I think the fact we are also likely to be without Smith again means that our attacking play will not be as potent as it has been. We really need 2 points as a minimum though.

Watched the Devils home and away recently. Results have stood up well but our lack of teamwork is bound to find us out soon. It should have resulted in a real hiding for us last Sunday against the Giants. Our power play 5 v. 4 is the same as it has been for the last few years.....an embarrassment! The only part of our game that is worse.....is our 5 v. 3 power play last Sunday!!

Finny

Away from home though our PP is the best in the league. It's something incredible like 31%!
At home it's one of the worst.

With Penalty killing though it's the opposite. We have the best PK at home, and the worst away!

well something has to give finny cause we have the worst PP in the league overall. so either or PP will improve or your PK away from home will

schulersagoodun said:
Watched the Devils home and away recently. Results have stood up well but our lack of teamwork is bound to find us out soon. It should have resulted in a real hiding for us last Sunday against the Giants. Our power play 5 v. 4 is the same as it has been for the last few years.....an embarrassment! The only part of our game that is worse.....is our 5 v. 3 power play last Sunday!!

I agree with this, our teamwork was awful last Sunday and we were very lucky to win the game it almost seemed like half the team weren't aware of the puck most of the night! I think it's going to be a tough game in Belfast and tensions may be high as they seemed to be bullying us all night on Sunday. I'm hoping the Panthers game will be a good one as we all know that the Devils can pull out some strong performances when they work together.

Finny

Jacko said:
well something has to give finny cause we have the worst PP in the league overall. so either or PP will improve or your PK away from home will
At home you're not too bad. 5th place with 16.4%.

However, you are bottom over all as you say. Your PP away is a shocking 2.0%!!! I don't think I've ever seen anything that bad!

Russky

call me negative if you want but I would take two points from this weekend even if they only come from two games going to OT! Having said that I dont think the Panties will be relishing another trip to our tent after the 6-2 mauling we gave them on their last visit!

James

Administrator
Russky said:
call me negative if you want but I would take two points from this weekend even if they only come from two games going to OT! Having said that I dont think the Panties will be relishing another trip to our tent after the 6-2 mauling we gave them on their last visit!
Id rather take 2 points from a regulation win :) we dont need both teams getting 2 points each

Well I've never seen the Devils lose in the Odyssey Arena, inc the goal from Vez a few years ago with 0.078 secs on the clock lol...class btw....so I'm going on Saturday to be their good luck mascot ;) :lol: