This season please.....

august04 2.0

It wouldn’t be the off season without a thread on the intro! So while we're removing the champions comment, let’s re-vamp the intro please TK. It’s tired, boring and needs refreshing.

Wannabe2

Completely agree we need something new, and hard hitting definately omitting we are the champions. Like the flames intro, but would like to see and hear something a bit more hard hitting to raise the roof, and warm the heart.

Swarley

Remove the champions part, get some sort of smoke or graphics projected into the ice and that would be awesome, they surely must have the money spare to change it up a bit with all the new sponsors lol

ASHIPP

Can't we just have players introduced as they hit the ice like some of the other EIHL clubs? Seems very longwinded introducing every player.....and quite embarrassing if one or two of them get a muted reception (even though they probably deserved it!) whilst others get a big cheer.

Get the player intros quickly done and dusted.....get on with the game, thats what we are there for.

Ocko

Please drop the Nickelback song. It’s very cringey.

I’d also prefer the player intros as they hit the ice. No need to bring them all to the blue line, I think we only did this many years ago to allow the lights to warm up ready for puck drop after being turned off. Either way, it all needs a refresh.

moggy#9

It's always puzzled me why we spend so much time building an atmosphere with the video into and then completely deflate it with Todd's "your team, the home team blah blah blah", intros, ceremonial puck drops, anthem etc. I say get the players on the ice, get them lined up, play the anthem, drop the puck.

tim78

Sarcasm warning

Also when the puck's in the back of the net, why bother taking it back to the centre spot just let the team scope it out and play on.
During period breaks teams should stay on the bench, save time and energy walking back and forward the changing room and gives the crowd something to listen to during the break.

All this flaffing could allow for a 4th period to be played.

Just remember for new people and young watching this part of the game.

Ocko

The one thing I’d change is the stupidly, ridiculously long 18 minute period break!

15 minutes is more than enough! Forget beer Sales and get on with the game!
With the chuck a pick our ice wouldn’t dry quick enough in 15 mins. Rinks this size should have two zambonis which would alleviate this issue.