Think Ive found the perfect Rink design for The Devils ?

Thread starter #7
last pic I could find, looks like the VIP boxes,
that`s it, find a better rink our size, 2800 seats plus 500+ standing.

Attachments

I'm confused, it has seats right up to the plexi yet its not a problem? Is it just me that sees very little difference in the actual seating?
Grass always greener?

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

osh

nmase20 said:
I'm confused, it has seats right up to the plexi yet its not a problem? Is it just me that sees very little difference in the actual seating?
Grass always greener?

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

There is a great difference actually, the view in the 'mock up' shows that seats are accessed by walking in front of the lowest row of seats and then up the stairs to your respective seat. The one in the Prowlers arena shows that the lower seats are much nearer the plexiglas at a good watching height and access is gained to your respective seat from walkways above the highest level, therefore no inconvenience to those seated at the lowest tier. also, it is an arena that is in use and highly regarded.

Wannabe2

Love this its a very very nice looking rink, access to the mock up is not via the ice level but above at top level, but this is lush.

TheStub

osh said:
TheStub said:
To my eyes, it looks a lot like the mock-up of the new rink.
:shock: :shock: You should have gone to Specsavers, have a word with Ben! :lol:
Maybe you should.

To me, there is a lot in common (given the limited angle of the mock-up). But, we have a good ambiguous mockup and subjective judgements - so right now we are both right.

Ocko

What I think is a really good idea that we can take from this arena is the standing along the concourse. Therefore any people who wish to stand/watch the game from the bar can still do this and it will also take our capacity up a few hundred maybe.

I do think the rink is very similar also.

Ocko

Or as they called it on wikipedia '281 bar stools seating' this would make our capacities very similar and with this in mind also make the rinks very similar...

Thread starter #18
Lets not argue about this rink is crap this rink is best blah blah blah its early days yet, the whole point of posting these pics was to show how good a 2500-3500 capacity ice hockey arena can be, I do think this has a more arena feel about this place, looking down onto the rink, access to your seat from the top, standing at the top rather than the bottom, its all something new, something I never thought about until I view`d this rink, you have to admit it looks bloody fantastic, its all about bringing ideas to the table, looking at other rinks around the world picking the good bits and depending on the budget getting ours.
Also you want to attract fans so a bit of wow, comfort.

Finny

TheStub said:
To my eyes, it looks a lot like the mock-up of the new rink.
Looks very similar to me too. Major difference is the concourse at the top will be smaller in our rink, but other than that it all looks pretty good.