They've only gone and won the National Championships

Thread starter #1
Whilst the Playoffs may not have gone the way the Red Army would have wanted, the Fantastic news is that the Cardiff Devils U18s have won the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS.

The Cardiff Devils took on the Reigning Champions - Sheffield Steeldogs in Coventry and have prevailed in an emphatic win 7-2. Owen Griffiths getting a hat-trick and Kieran Latchford getting a brace.

Man of the Match was Giacomo Rafaelli, but as most people know this is a team sport and their achievements this season are a culmination of several years hard work by the whole squad.

Fantastic effort guys - you have been a pleasure to watch over the past few years and I count myself proud to be associated with you.

osh

A fantastic achievement, well done everyone associated with the squad. We definitely have some stars of the future coming through.

ASHIPP

Never doubted the skill and tenacity of our fantastic young team. A magnificent achievement.....another one to make us proud. Well done Guys.

Unbelievable couple of weeks for them. I'd add my congratulations but it seems inadequate to acknowledge that achievement.

As an aside, after they trounced all over France and England what can be done to facilitate these guys going into the professional game? The slots probably aren't really there in the waged teams.

osh

Couldn't let this topic drop off the page without another mention. I know others have congratulated our under 18’s on various media sites, however, I can't believe that there has been 429 views of this topic and only 4 replies congratulating the guys!! :eek:

rocketbob

All I can say is the highest compliments and respect to all those involved in this amazing achievement (from parents to players and coaches and everyone else who had helped as well).

:grin::grin::grin:

I thought the article in today's Echo (nearly another full page) on the Devils u18's winning the National Championship against Sheffield was a superb read and further great publicity for the Devils. I've been fortunate to follow most of this group of boys for many, many years and they really are exceptional. Cardiff Devils fans should look forward to watching the best group of Brits in the country playing for the Devils Elite team in the not too distant future.