There can be only one!

wildthing74

Thread starter #1
Who would be your favourite all time Devil?We have had many top class players and certainly some of the best and most loyal imports over the years.Some were rubbish but gave their all and some just entertained night after night.
I have enjoyed watching the likes of Moria,Brebant,Smail,Cadieux etc.Marvelled at the skills of Mcewen and the heart of Hope and the Coopers.Laughed at the lack of skill of the likes of Millet and Vanderhorst but one name for me stands out.Step forward Mr Ken Hodge.What a guy to have on the team.Had it all,skill,vision,goals and a real 'team player'.Watched him win games on his own,especially games against the Steelers and one game away to Ayr,even the home fans gave him a standing ovation and those fans North of the border tend to be not the most unbiased fans either.
If just one Devil made me want to watch hockey and gave me value for the entrance fee then Hodgey was the man.
Who would you choose at a push?

mazza03

For me it was God (MC) that one goal alone made it all worth while, but I agree with you about Kenny, nice guy on and off the ice.

Finny

Doug McEwen. There was a reason why he was called God.

Some of the goals he scored and skills he showed off were unbelievable.

wildthing74

Thread starter #4
I would have MC down as the most loyal Devil.Many times he could have left and amazingly 1 year(the year Whitley knocked us out of the play offs on the tv game before Wembley)weasel was going to release him and Doug was in tears in the rink.Needless to say,Lawless got mine and a lot of other fans oppinions and thankfully it seems he saw sense and Dougie was a Devil for many more years.Not sure how much of an affect we had but it was total madness to let him go.
A true legend that deserves his number 7 in the rafters but still loved Hodgey.A line with those 2 and Smail would have been some line back in the day.

drainage

Has to be the Great One MC - loved him so much I called my cat Doug ! He was without question the best we ever saw - yeap Mo, Ivan , The Coopers Steve Thornton all superb but Dougs the man

Wannabe2

THE MAGICAL, MERCURICAL, INCREDIBLY TALENTED, SILKY SKILLED,POETRY IN MOTION,SEVENTH HEAVEN, THE ONE AND ONLY MR DOUG MCEWEN. Doug blew me away, yes honestly he did, the most talented player i have ever had the pleasure to watch. MR CARDIFF DEVIL.

Doug was a good player, but slightly overrated in my opinion. He never really cut it in the Superleague. Mo was better quality and cut it in the Heineken Era, SuperLeague and EIHL.

Wannabe2

kingmo19 said:
Doug was a good player, but slightly overrated in my opinion. He never really cut it in the Superleague. Mo was better quality and cut it in the Heineken Era, SuperLeague and EIHL.
Doug ISL STATS played goals assists pts
66 25 43 68

Mo,s ISL STATS played goals assists pts
211 94 89 183

Two great great players.

Wannabe2 said:
kingmo19 said:
Doug ISL STATS played goals assists pts
66 25 43 68

Mo,s ISL STATS played goals assists pts
211 94 89 183

Two great great players.

Don't forget, Mo was almost of Pensionable Age too !!!!!!!!!

seriously though there have been some quality players we have had the privilage of watching as fans of the devils but for me one stands out above the rest

STEVE MORIA

Tony

Nicest guy I ever got to talk to was definitely Burgy, the most entertaining guy to watch for me was Tim Steadman, but I guess for all round superbness as a player then it has to be MC.