the unedited "blog" programme piece

rolf

Thread starter #1
hello folks, my piece in Saturday's programme was quite rightly edited to make it p.correct. in case any of you thought i had grown up, then here is the un-edited version to re-assure you....

Helloooooo to oor chums frae north o'the border in sconny Botland, writing this with a massive hangover after last (weds) nights bosting win over the steelers. Phew it was close, especially after a man of the match performance by ref Mick Hicks, glad it wasn't in Belfast eh?

Enough of that though, we move onto tonights visitors, the Murrayfield/Edinburgh Racerscapitals who are having a bit of a break out season this year. Their fan must be scratching his head right now cos by now he would be booking his holiday in Benidorm for next April (good cheap deals to be had) now he is in with a seriously proper chance of holidaying in Nottingham with his team instead......and even winning the darned playoffs too. My maths ain't too good, but they have games in hand on everyone, which if they win em all will put them joint top of the league. The stuff of nose bleeds being that high in the league eh, what? That is really really good news for all us oldsters who remember them in their pomp when they were one of the toughest teams in the old Heineken league and the Lawless-led Devils had many an epic struggle with them. Penalty shoot out anyone ???

Their success this year lies firmly with the inspired signings of player coach Doug Christiansen who has rostered a fast skillful team with some grit in it too. So to start with the grit then, take a bow mr Andrew Sharp. Probably fair to say he is not a big fan favourite here in Wales, but I wanna cut him some slack. What is not to like about the bloke? He is a tough, hard working British player with a big heart who would take one for the team every night (and often does). He ain't afraid to go toe to toe with anyone, often considerably bigger than he too, and let's be fair, win lose or draw a hockey fight they all tend to end with both parties sitting in the box and feeling the shame. Genius!!! They lose a Brit and the opposition lose an import. Fair trade I reckons, proper throwback to the good ole days when it happened every match with young Brits goading the imports to fight. That seems to be missing nowadays. But hold on Rolf, he has started putting the biscuit in the basket as well, who would have predicted that based on his history? It just goes to show that given the ice-time he can actually play a bit too, outscoring the pantomime dame known as Sean McMorrow already and I'll wager at a lot less cost. But that I don't know for sure. When the chunky monkey Adam Stefishen toddled off last year, they had a hole to fill and boy has he done that. I'd have him in any of my teams in a heartbeat. Who also remembers just how despised Mike Ware was until he signed the Devil's contract? I believe he went on to have a successful and popular career in South Wales.........

Grit? Dealt with! Now let's have a look at the pretty stuff.......

Owen Fussey, top goal scorer,averaging over a point a game ( should do though, got some NHL on him) is a smooth lightening fast winger new to these shores. Similarly blessed is another new guy Simon Lambert who also suffers no constipation in front of goal and has scored freely on us. One to watch and smear into the corner me thinks. Yet another new chap to the UK is netminder Cody Rudkowski, being from N.America he puts the Caps in with a better shot at the league than us if you happen to believe Mr. Simms. Hmm, we shall see. A massive shout must also go out to wee Mark Garside, he has bulged a few nets himself this year, local lad Mark should be on their first line tonight if you believe the hockeyDB stats list. Kyle Horne is another home-grown lad who is finally starting to put himself about a bit and is my dark horse to watch tonight.

Anyways that's me all done for tonight, my office party happens later, so I am all dressed up like a brassy tart so please don't laugh too hard if you see me gurning through the plexi as I stand next to kipper.

DISCLAIMER - I have made all this up myself and it in no way represents the feelings/thoughts of the club. It is just my tongue in cheek, old boy sarcy look at things. No harm is meant to anyone either living or dead.

Rolf - just off for a battered mars bar!