The streak is over!

Thread starter #1
Well obvioulsy we lost in Dundee tonight, 2-1 on penalties.

Shame, BUT, we have only lost 1 point in 23 games - and only 3 points in 28 (?) games. That's something special that will hopefully help us win the league.

Personally I am glad the pressure of "the streak" and world records etc is now off and they can concentrate on winning on Wednesday!

We may have lost, but every single one of those guys deserve the applause of every single fan at the wednesday game, well done lads, you did us proud.

TheStub

It is strange, if it wasn't for my New Jersey fetish I would have forgotten what loosing feels like.

But the fact that this is (as far as I can tell) a World Record for a fully professional team - we knew it had to end at some point. No other group of fans in this league, or any North American pro league has ever seen a team win this many games back to back... and we still got a point.

This team is exceptional. Not just through talent, but for the fact they play as a team.

C'mon Devils - this is your year!

amazing! amazing! top job guys,im kinda glad in a strange way that the monkey if off our backs we struggled vs blaze yesterday im glad we didnt lose it at home,got to pick ourseleves up vs panthers wednesday

TheStub

EIHL Statos said:
Cardiff fall 1 game short of equalling the EIHL's longest ever unbeaten record. Sheffield hold that and compiled it during 2003/04
Surely this is a fallacy. We have the most wins, and took a point out of tonight - which would equal Sheffield's 'unbeaten' run.

It does mean we have equaled their point streak in that case...

...always a bit unfair comparing results over rule change boundaries. Shuff may have lost on penalties.

jwave

It had to end at some point and I'm glad it was to Dundee rather than the chavs or the squealers. Well done lads we are the proudest fans in hockey world wide. :p

We are the Cardiff devils :cool:

Wannabe2

TheStub said:
It is strange, if it wasn't for my New Jersey fetish I would have forgotten what loosing feels like.

But the fact that this is (as far as I can tell) a World Record for a fully professional team - we knew it had to end at some point. No other group of fans in this league, or any North American pro league has ever seen a team win this many games back to back... and we still got a point.

This team is exceptional. Not just through talent, but for the fact they play as a team.

C'mon Devils - this is your year!
That is so well put, and says it all. And my favourite bit is This team is exceptional, and thats what these guys are EXCEPTIONAL. Dont you just love being a Devils fan, my god its EXCEPTIONAL.

Gazza272

Personally I think the guys can still set themselves a not losing in regulation streak that while not be technically accurate for world or EIHL records will still be the target if we want to maintain top spot come the end of March.

Sheffield won the league a few years ago by simply taking points in games they still went on to lose and that has to be our target.

Last night shouldnt have felt like a loss for us. And I'm sure the guys will still be feeling confident come Wednesday.

TheStub

Re: Re: The streak is over!

Gazza272 said:
Personally I think the guys can still set themselves a not losing in regulation streak that while not be technically accurate for world or EIHL records will still be the target if we want to maintain top spot come the end of March.

Sheffield won the league a few years ago by simply taking points in games they still went on to lose and that has to be our target.

Last night shouldnt have felt like a loss for us. And I'm sure the guys will still be feeling confident come Wednesday.
There are official point streak records. Not sure what the record is, think NHL is 35 games (that was the Flyers).

Apparently last nights game would have tied Steelers unbeaten (set before shoot outs) so have we set a point streak record now?

ASHIPP

The Devils have the strength of character and team spirit to move on from this and get down to preparation for Wednesday's game. :twisted: We all knew it was going to happen eventually - far better now and get the disappointment out of the way. Look at all the positives - winning streak, point streak, No1 in the League and in a strong place in all competitions. Guys, you should be rightly proud of youselves - your fans certainly are. :cool:

Russky

Apparrently the record in question stands at 25 games by an OHL Team: the Kitchener Rangers! I only know this as I read it on one of the other threads on this forum! Although the legitimacy of this record is in question as they are only a semi pro team not a full pro team as the Devils are! which of course makes all the differece! ;)