The Smith Bros.

Thread starter #1
Going to keep it short and sweet but just want to point out that IMO Kenton and Mark have been fantastic these last few months. I know every player has excelled and the team has been pulling up tree's but these 2, as they're not the flashiest of players, maybe don't get the recognition they deserve.

Mark hassles every forward non-stop as soon as they enter our zone, doesn't give up many turn overs and blocks shots for fun whilst Kenton's skating is brilliant (his one end to the other assist on Saturday was class), he's putting up a great amount of assists (26 so far) and also defends with aggression.

As I said, every player deserves praise ATM but I felt it appropriate to single out these guys as they've impressed me immensely recently. Keep up the good work!!

Max

wildthing74

Completley agree.Been saying the same for months too.I must admit I was unsure in the first few games if either were good enough to replace Hartwick anf Jarvo.Even though they are different types of D men they effectively repalced those 2 who I thought were excellent.
What I love about Mark is he never takes stupid pens and his discipline for a defenceman is outstanding.He plays with the necessary agression to clear the zone but is a very clever player not getting drawn into duels.
Both excellent skaters too and the both look like they've been here for years.