The rink's difficult to reach location.

Thread starter #1
Despite the Devil's home frequently referred to as being 'down the bay', we all know that is not the case, as least not to people's conventional understanding of what/where Cardiff Bay is'.
So for a while now, I have thought about what other methods of transport could be used in order to easily travel to and from 'the other part of the bay'. The new 666 service seems to be a bit of a hit with fans, but with the impending increase of the Devil's barn capacity and also the houses, shops and all the other things scheduled to be built in the vicinity surely we are going to need more way of getting down there.

What do people think?
I saw this earlier and thought that a 'Cardiff Pointe' stop, providing access to the rink, pool, homes, white water and the future developments would be a brilliant idea:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales ... le-8893984

mazza03

I think a water bus would be ideal, when you consider that we already have one (of sorts) it should be too much of a stretch to expand it surely? :D

James

Administrator
Finny said:
I still think this is the guy we need. Fairly sure Ragan would have his number:

Cardiff would take it's place amongst such historic locations as Brockway, Ogdenville, and North Haverbrook.

The cable car would be a great option, but Emirates who operate at the 02 charge £9.00 return to go across the Thames the cost to travel Cardiff city centre to Cardiff Bay maybe huge, even discounting we don't have London costs the operational costs in a city that does not have London issues ie traffic l doubt many would use it. Underground is a huge cost, Cardiff would need to expand hugely before that is viable. The river would be a better option medium term.

dave

The water taxi option was looked at by an operator (And hockey fan) but there is no close mooring available that is safe for Public use. Council limits then to a small number of stopping points and the mooring area just up from the rink by old ISV office is one of those not able to be used. The Nat bus is still best and quickest option outside standard public transport.

Legin said:
I was thinking myself about the Bay, maybe the 666 service could have a pickup in the bay area.
If you see it passing and Bombay Sam is driving give him a waive and he'll stop for you

He says he often picks up in The Bay