The positives...

Thread starter #1
Since the last thread has adopted a "elite league officials are rubbish" theme. Would anyone want to comment on the positives from last night?

1. The face-offs - we must have won 80-90% of these, I can't remember the Blaze winning one cleanly
2. Mark Richardson - he carries the puck better than most of the imports at the moment
3. The penalty kill - we had to do it a lot, it was awesome last night, especially the forechecking
4. The defense - Really limited their shots for the first two periods

Does anyone else think we should try install one big TV screen so that the players / officials can see what the fans see on replays? Obviously not adopting a video-ref style system, but it would allow officials to see how incompetent they're being sometimes whilst also allowing to see the cheap shotting that goes on and by who e.g. Max's goal I think, one of our forwards was cross checked from behind knocking him to the floor, clearly visible on the replay.

yeah that would be good to have a screen at the end to cover up more blue , and it would be helpful for us who have to stand who cant see the tvs when it goes in to area on the ice we cant see:p

Gazza272

Steve Fisher would be a positive for me as well, incredibly lucky not to score in the first period. Got in great scoring positions.

With some more seasoning we have another brit there we can rely on.

DevilDom

Romfo's and Jays performances in particular where positives for me, however I thought the whole team played well and I'm still scratching my head as to how we lost a game in which we out shot the Blaze by more than 2 to 1 (45 to 22).

Wannabe2

A big screen at the no seater end was what Sorac wanted the council to install, when it became apparent that the sight lines werent perfect, but this was so incredibly expensive, as it would have to be a mutts nutts screen to be able to view in a lit area, and so the screens were accepted as a better than zilch proposal.Also at the time there werent going to be any standing allowed, so no one was going to miss out.