The Pilot - Ideas/Improvements??

Thread starter #1
Hi guys,

Firstly we would like to say a huge huge thank you to the fans who have supported us over the past few weeks, we have been completely over whelmed by the number of fans that are attending at the Pub for pre match drinks/meals we never envisaged this happening and certainly not as quick! We thank you!!!

We are aware that we need to improve on certain areas and will be increasing our staff levels on match days to accommodate the extra business and to ensure that everyone is served swiftly.

Secondly we are aware that certain people have been waiting (patiently!) for meals and the wait time needs to be decreased!! As we have mentioned Simon does all the cooking himself and the meals are made from scratch, due to the size of the kitchen extra staff in this area would be very difficult, so we are looking at ways we can reduce these times.

We have 2 Sunday Games now so have some time for a think before the next Saturday game. One thought we had was to introduce a "Match Day Special" such as Chilli and Rice which we can turnaround quite quickly or perhaps introducing some Jacket Potatos or Baguettes???

These are only ideas and we are certainly open to others, so please fans give us your input we want to improve our Pre Match experience to you as much as we possibly can

If you have any ideas and dont want to share them feel free to email us @ pilot.hotel@gmail.com

Thanks for your support once again, no fans beat Devils fans!!! ;)

mazza03

Faggots and peas, you can make a batch of those up, Good butcher in Gleeb street as well. yum. Curry/spag bol. Lovely thick stew in the winter with suet dumplins. yum. I'm making myself hungry lol

TheStub

I'm liking the hockey night stock pot special. You can throw them out. Do a deal with a drink and you're cooking on gas.

Always surprises me that they don't do similar at the rink (Ice Sheffield do).

Other ideas - really push the preorder for game night, but make sure you can attain the promised times. People won't mind being put off 5 or 10 minutes when they place the pre-order, and that'll really help the kitchen have consistent work rate.

From our lot, make sure there is a veggie choice ready to roll too for those daddy eaters ;) You could even do the offer with a veggie meal once in a while, like a bean chili or decent thick veg soup with a big chunk of bread.

I appreciate your trying to generate business for your pub, but might it not be an idea to post your constant adverts in the 'general chat' section as opposed to this section, which is clearly noted as 'Cardiff Devils & EIHL chat.'

Your promote your pub in thread after thread, and are now even starting your own threads like this, asking how can you improve your pub? I opened a thread the other day titled 'Sat offers and Sunday webcast', thinking it may be a special price ticket offer for the Hull game, but it was another advert for your pub. I know many other self employed supporters who read this forum, but they don't continually post pushing their business. If they did this section would become one big advert. I genuinely wish you every success, but I'm surprised the moderators continually allow it, and haven't suggested you post your adverts elsewhere on the board.

dont see the problem myself Centre ice. Its a pubwhere devils fans go at a reduced rate and enjoy an evening together.

its not like advertising security or car engine parts. Its a pub.....

Centre Ice said:
I appreciate your trying to generate business for your pub, but might it not be an idea to post your constant adverts in the 'general chat' section as opposed to this section, which is clearly noted as 'Cardiff Devils & EIHL chat.'
That's a fair point but would it not have made for a more pleasant Monday morning if you had just left it at that or asked the moderators if the threads could be moved? There's no need to go off like Victor Meldrews love child is there? You're not ginger are you? If there were a few more swear words in there I would put money on you being chi-chi panda (if I had any money of course) Unfortunately I spent all my cash at The Pilot at the weekend, good food, decent hosts, nice warm cuddly atmosphere and best of all, beer on tap. Get up there, you know you want to.

Thread starter #13
Thanks Stub for your input, much appreciated.

Sorry if we have offended anyone with our what is seen by some as adverts. We were merely keeping Devils fans aware of what we had going on specifically for the fans. We have not attempted to use this forum as an all round advertising place, and only used this section of the forum as we were specifically reaching Cardiff Devils fans that support us on game days. We place general information on the Pub in the general chat section. Anything that we have put in "Cardiff Devils section" has been related to offers specifically for fans! and that has included a chance to win free tickets!

We advertise the Pub generally through our sponsorship of the Inferno, Player Sponsorship of Ben Davies and other advertising media and do not think we are constantly pushing our business through this forum.

DevilDom

Love the food as it is but can see the problem when the numbers are like they were on Saturday! With the food being cooked fresh, pushing pre-order is great as long as everyone doesn't pre-order for the same time. Perhaps the match day option(s) could only be offered to those who don't pre-order? I just think if you cut the options too much it might turn people away especially those with kids.

Finny

I'd keep the option of being able to order from the normal menu, but have a notice that there could be up to a 30 minute wait (for example) on busy match nights.
Then also offer the match day option of which there is a big vat of it in the kitchen and service is almost instant.

As others have suggested, things like Spag Bol, Curry and Rice/Chips, Chilli & Rice would go down very well and can be cooked in advance.

I applaud the guys at the Pilot for using any medium necessary to attract custom to an Ice Hockey friendly pub and a South Wales business.

Well done I say. Carry on promoting your venue. I really hope it brings you the rewards you both clearly deserve.

Notwithstanding the fact that they sponsor a Devils player. On that basis I think they have paid for any "advertising" on the Inferno in spades!

Umm...Can I just say that I work in H&S & Facilities Management and if anyone has a small business out there in need of advice...... ;)

Becandsi - You got a Fire Risk Assessment? :lol:

cant see what your problem is centre ice i have been over the pilot a few times now food has been really good and we have been made more then welcome every time,maybe you should give it a visit.

Pubs are closing at a rate of 7 a day, so I admire the efforts of the guys at the pilot for doing all they can to drum up trade. I know the pub business is very quiet through the week so as much revenue that can be raised on the weekends the better. I'm sure no-one else has any issues with the advertising

The Pilot is listed as a sponsor of The Inferno, whilst the details obviously shouldn't be made public I would expect that advertising is a part of that.

A win win situation as far as I can see.

Chris

Administrator
The Pilot is listed as a sponsor of The Inferno, whilst the details obviously shouldn't be made public I would expect that advertising is a part of that.

A win win situation as far as I can see.
Indeed.

As far as i'm aware, it seems to be working well. Devils fans have a place to go pre/post game for food and drink, the venue also appears to be child friendly and isn't ridiculously expensive.

It's not like it's every thread on here either, I roll the details of whatever the offer is for the weekend into the opening post of the game threads, Skippy puts details into the bottom of the match previews and then we have this thread. I wouldn't call that overkill, more win win as you say :)

Chris.