The Official Inferno "Which Home Night" Poll

Which night would you prefer home matches to be played on?

• Saturday

Votes: 36 48.0%
  • Sunday

Votes: 39 52.0%

• Total voters

Paul Sullivan

Its only academic if you don't battle in the meetings. In some cases we are the arena teams best friends, and if you negotiate you give a little, take a little.

Add in the (laughable) fact that they sometimes double up on competition fixtures and it can work for us too, though arena teams will generally lend us to being home on a saturday as Rihanna / WWE etc would more likely book Sheffield or the NIC on a saturday.

Hopefully the difference this year is the Devils attend the meeting with a plan and attack the task. If they do I think many will be surprised with the results. Getting G and the guys a solid foundation for the season would be invaluable as we all know G's teams punch above their weight.

Seems like almost level pegging on this poll.

Personally, I'm a Saturday person. More because of the travel, and I just dont like having to travel home late on a Sunday when I've got work the next day.

To be honest though, as I'm not a ST holder (and therefore feel "obliged" to make every home game regardless of the day its on) I do tend to pick and choose what suits me most. I ended up going to more Sunday games last season just because I wanted to see certain teams and what with having other stuff on thats just how it fell. But, generally, I prefer to go on a Sat. Suppose it depends also on whether we plan to get food before/after or visit Ikea or something. A hockey game for us can quickly turn into leaving our house at 1pm at not arriving home til 11pm.

In terms of the new facility, with all the shopping, pubs etc that are expected to be around, I think I will go more on a Saturday than a Sunday and I think others with families will do the same. With foot traffic in the area, the rink (I would hope) might get more of a "Well, we're here and the car is parked and paid for for the evening, look! there's an ice hockey game on tonight, shall we go watch it for a change?" attitude from families.

Another way of looking at this (G's perspective no doubt) is playing at home on Sat and away Sun means that the players spend the night in their own beds and only have one journey to deal with before a match so Sat at home, I would assume might work best from a player/results perspective maybe?

Wannabe2

If i was a player i think i would prefer to play the away game Saturday and the home game Sunday, as its generally harder to win away than at home, and it gives you most of Sunday to chill before the 2nd game and no travelling.

Paul Sullivan

Wannabe2 said:
If i was a player i think i would prefer to play the away game Saturday and the home game Sunday, as its generally harder to win away than at home, and it gives you most of Sunday to chill before the 2nd game and no travelling.
And here we are back to James's point about arguing it either way.

Some would say it's better to play at home on Saturday (better chance of winning) and then play the tougher game away from your own fans.

We could do this all year :lol:

Last time I spoke to Paul R he was hoping for an early Scottish double header, first weekend, to give the guys a chance to bond and (with all respect) a fighting chance of starting with points. He wanted to stack the early schedule with CC games to give a chance to prepare for the League, balance the fixtures and avoid the big boys as much as possible early doors.

Like I said - it all will come down to how the Devils reps performed in the meeting yesterday. We will have to see how we fared, but it's no fun waiting.

voth26

Saturday games are better for me work wise due to the face off time and the time i finish work, but i prefer sunday games as it gives me something to look forward to as sunday is a nothing day and im generally bored.
just out of curo when we finally have the new rink we wont be classed as an arena side or will we!!!!??