The failing Elite League model

Earnie

This is one discussion on Inferno that I am actually enjoying. Serious views are being put forward to solve and/or improve the situation that the ELITE league are heading into. If enough people and owners open their eyes and look at the reality of the situation then the survival of quality Ice Hockey can be maintained.

My pennyworth is that I think geographical conferences is a way forward.
An exciting new playoff arrangement needs to be drawn up.
How about finals back in Wembley!!! Wow!

Strict wage capping is a must together with import limits. If it is eight then eight it is - not have an extra couple up your sleave because you can afford it.
As for Cardiff, our rubbish BBT is a major part of the problem. There WILL be a new Ice Rink for the season starting September 2013. If it is 4000 capacity or 3500 including standing then that it ideal.

kettdevil1

Koop11 said:
getmeabeer said:
Earnie said:
How about finals back in Wembley!!! Wow!
Or stick an Ice Pad in the Echo Arena in Liverpool!
That arena is too big. We don't fill the NIC on playoff weekend as it is.
Although is this because ticket prices are too high? Reduce prices - more people...

Off topic slightly but the NIC have a deal for the EIHL finals for the next 5 years, it will be interesting to see how this holds if the league changes dramatically next year.

Tbh I think having it in Notts suits most people, it's fairly central and is the right size, London although easy to get to costs a bomb and any arena there is way too big.

Koop11 said:
Once you take floor seating out its around 8,000. I know I'm living in fantasy land here cause of the massive cost involved but it opens a great sporting event to a great sporting city. It also gives more travel options to Belfast supporters.

Wannabe2

getmeabeer said:
Koop11 said:
Once you take floor seating out its around 8,000. I know I'm living in fantasy land here cause of the massive cost involved but it opens a great sporting event to a great sporting city. It also gives more travel options to Belfast supporters.
What if Belfast dont get there. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Diafol

Would love the finals to be in Liverpool, one of my favourite places - it's a hell of a weekend away, hockey or no hockey :lol:

Can't see it happening somehow, sadly :cry: