The Evil that is the 2013/14 Rumours thread

Simmsey has been spouting off on Facebook tonight saying Matt Myers to cardiff and that Ben Davies has decided to stay aswell.

Discussing who would go to nottingham instead of myers.

Another announcement from Blaze tomorrow.

Not a rumour, but before the season ended, Adam Henrich said on the radio he was talking about bringing his brother (Mike) over. I'm guessing the signing could be him.

kettdevil1 said:
Would this mean that Phil or Ben would move on?
I was thinking the same, cant see enough money in the pot for the 3. personally I would hope it would be a replacement of the former not the latter if it were to happen

Sheincar

Matt Myers girlfriend is looking for a job down here & I guess to some extent any move is dependent on her success. I thought someone said Phil had signed up for a course this upcoming season so cant see him moving on.

DevilDom

Sheincar said:
Matt Myers girlfriend is looking for a job down here & I guess to some extent any move is dependent on her success. I thought someone said Phil had signed up for a course this upcoming season so cant see him moving on.
What does she do? :twisted:

ASHIPP

Phil is studying at Metro Uni....big article in Echo a few weeks ago plus photo of him and Josh plus representatives from the university.

Would be very very happy if Phil and Ben decided to stay.

Be suprised if Mathew leaves the Panthers to return home now.....not only is he at a successful club that has won everything, they are in Europe next season. And of course the question of salary. Our Club doesnt have the same spending power as the Panthers.

Can they really accomodate another top British player? I hope this doesnt mean we will be going with less than the import quota......like the last 2 seasons.

Koop11

Depends on how you look at it. Matty and his Mrs are both Cardiff natives and it was probably always on their agenda to come ‘home’ one day. I think Matty will end his career in Cardiff, whether that journey starts this season or not, time will tell.

I understand they are due to marry this year and will probably be thinking of settling down also. Babies next, mortgages, pensions…... ;)

With this in mind and the fact he has now won everything he possibly can in Nottingham (they are not the level to win a European title) I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see the prodigal son return. If that happens, I for one will be very pleased. I think Matty is one of the most natural British centres produced and his track record in recent years for scoring big goals and putting up his fair share of points will boost any team. Whilst not overly physical, he is strong on the puck and works hard. Watch this space…..(although we say this every off season with Matty).

DevilDom

Is it only me that gets a little tired of the Matt Myers to Cardiff rumours each off season?

Whilst I like him as a player, surely whether he plays for the Devils or not should be down to whether the coach decides he is a good fit and not whether it fits with the players personal life? Maybe I'm a bit old fashioned that way but I'm not sure I like the idea of a player coming to us to retire after spending most of his best years at another club. I may also be cynical but it appears this rumour pops up every off season and he gets offered a payrise to stay at Panthers and then we all know what happens after that.

Sheincar

DevilDom said:
Is it only me that gets a little tired of the Matt Myers to Cardiff rumours each off season?

Whilst I like him as a player, surely whether he plays for the Devils or not should be down to whether the coach decides he is a good fit and not whether it fits with the players personal life? Maybe I'm a bit old fashioned that way but I'm not sure I like the idea of a player coming to us to retire after spending most of his best years at another club. I may also be cynical but it appears this rumour pops up every off season and he gets offered a payrise to stay at Panthers and then we all know what happens after that.
No you're not alone. I often feel these rumours are just means of getting a payrise.

Sheincar said:
DevilDom said:

No you're not alone. I often feel these rumours are just means of getting a payrise.
I find it funny how ever season Phil Hill gets rumoured with almost every team going, only to stay with the Devils. I really can't ever see the bloke moving now. He's a Devil through and through just Like Cowley is a Blaze.

Sheincar said:
DevilDom said:

So are you suggesting the player or his agent start the rumour in the first place :?: Whilst I agree this rumour pops up every off season for god knows how many years, there just appears to be a little more strength to it this time, I guess only time will tell.
Oh and DevilDom, if G felt he wasn't a good fit, then he wouldn't even entertain him coming back to Cardiff.
Anyway it's about time this thread got moving, it's been awfully quiet out there :lol: