The Devil Inside - A Cardiff Devils Documentary

Thread starter #1
Just thought I would share this video that my daughter, Scarlett, made for her college course.

It is a Cardiff Devils documentary called The Devil Inside.

Thanks to Mac Faulkner, Max Birbraer, Matthew Myers, Jon Jones, Mark Johncock and Paul Ragan for their help in the making of the documentary.

Also a special mention to Ben Davies who has been inspiring Mac Faulkner for years.
(See the very end of the documentary after the credits)

I would just like to add that I think she has done an excellent job, (even though I may be a bit biased), of making this despite the poor conditions and technical issues she encountered along the way and I am very proud of her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDBrVUg-Ifk&feature=share

voth26

djc7 said:
Just thought I would share this video that my daughter, Scarlett, made for her college course.

It is a Cardiff Devils documentary called The Devil Inside.

Thanks to Mac Faulkner, Max Birbraer, Matthew Myers, Jon Jones, Mark Johncock and Paul Ragan for their help in the making of the documentary.

Also a special mention to Ben Davies who has been inspiring Mac Faulkner for years.
(See the very end of the documentary after the credits)

I would just like to add that I think she has done an excellent job, (even though I may be a bit biased), of making this despite the poor conditions and technical issues she encountered along the way and I am very proud of her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDBrVUg-Ifk&feature=share
Just watched the documentary very well put together, well done to your daughter

osh

Speaking as a complete amateur on how anything like that is put together, I particularly liked the way your daughter took a back seat and left the talking to the players and others, so it wasn't a me me me promotion, well done.
I've always admired Paul Sullivan's style of presentation, and feel sure she could benefit from his words of wisdom.

Paul Sullivan

Some really nice work there, and a very good attempt at giving a broad view of the whole Club. It's a lot of info and when you give Max and Faulks a Microphone anything can happen and you know you will get enough rushes to edit down from!

Thanks for the kind words osh, they're appreciated. djc7, If I could be of any help or could offer some advice I am happy to. PM me here and I can send you contact details if I can help. And if not, then please wish her good luck from me.

Finny

I enjoyed that. Yes there were a couple of technical difficulties but I've seen worse from professional organisations. Your daughter should be proud of that.

And I loved the end bit with Mac about Ben!

Thread starter #9
Thanks for all the nice comments - I will make sure to pass them on to her.

It's a learning process and Scarlett will only get better.

Thanks too to Paul Sullivan for the offer of help/advice for Scarlett.
I will let her know, and I'm sure she will be in touch with you when she makes her next video.

rocketbob

I have to agree, a REALLY great video.

If I was being hypercritical (which I apologise for) and I am aware that Scarlett is not a pro. I would constructively suggest being careful about the variability in sound levels. I listened using headphones and a couple of the interviews were quite quiet (e.g. Max Birbraer) and then other ones were quite loud (e.g. Matt Myers).

Sound levels are very difficult with different environments. You only need to watch the Inferno TV (which I also love and watch every week) to know that it isn't always easy to get the sound levels right every time.