The Coventry Blaze have released Luke Fulghum

Rempel16

That is just plain crazy!!!!

A forward elsewhere in the league will be making way i'm sure. Panthers? Giants? Anyones guess....

Finny

At first that seems like a crazy decision......but....

I was told a couple of weeks back that the Blaze were looking to cut costs. Which at the time seemed crazy because they then signed an extra import. Hmmmm.....

Skippy

Guess Balarick from Hull is a cheaper option then.

How long till we see " Giants sign new forward " I wonder..

Odd time to do it mind with Fussy yet again injured

Very shocked about this.

Has been having a lean period but I find it hard to believe he has been released simply on performance, in particular with Fussey out injured. Will be interesting to see where Thommo goes now, with the season meandering towards a mid-table finish. Perhaps Finny is right and Thommo believes he can get value from a lower paid player and still maintain the same position, or else something happened on the bus last night back from Scotland!

kettdevil1

Well at least he can't score every game against us anymore........ unless he signs for the Steelers.....

One of the top 5 forwards in the league, must be more to this than meets the eye

ASHIPP

Think everyone is a bit stunned by Fulghum's release - although if it's true the Blaze are looking to make cost cuts presume his salary would be higher than some, as a top scorer.
What a massive pity that the Devils weren't able to take advantage of that situation, particularly as he played alongside Kenton Smith at Manchester Phoenix. A fantastic player to watch and a brilliant aquisition for any team.

Those clubs that can afford to grab opportunities like that, will and quickly. :evil:

The Sheffield Steelers have signed 31 year old American Luke Fulghum from the Coventry Blaze

The Steelers moved quickly to sign the high scoring winger from the Blaze on Thursday morning once they were aware that there was a possibility of a deal being able to be struck "You don't sign guys of the quality of Luke Fulghum in December" said head coach Ryan Finnerty

"We have open dialogue with Coventry on many levels and through those realised there was a deal to be done. We spoke at length with Thommo (Blaze head coach Paul Thompson) and Luke and quickly agreed a deal that will see him make his debut on Saturday against Cardiff" (Motorpoint Arena - Face Off 7.00pm).
http://www.sheffieldsteelersihc.co.uk/s ... ze-p174600

It seems that Sheffield really are going all out this season.

It's Tony Smith's first season as owner for the club, and I'm sure he'll be capable of making the same mistakes that have been made by owners in their first season! Hopefully it won't result in an off-season of turmoil...

Hopefully someone will nail him on Saturday in his nice new uniform :twisted: