The Banned Fan

Thread starter #1
The Band fan from the Devils v Blaze game that broke though to the away bench area is said it to be being allowed back in after serving 1 year of a 5 year ban,

Hopefully this is not true. 5 month ban.

For what he did he deserved the 5 year ban. You can't approach players as they leave the ice like that.

Hopefully the club will stick to there original ban and leave it alone.

Temme

Oldgoalie80 said:
Weren't there 2 people banned ?
Just the one that I was aware of.

This fan deserves to be banned for the full 5 years, no matter what happens on the ice this is a professional sport and the players should be treated as such,
I'd also be questioning how he got through security in the first place though...

If such an incident were to occur in a football match there would be no hesitancy in issuing a life ban to the offender!

Skippy

devils2001uk said:
The Band fan from the Devils v Blaze game that broke though to the away bench area is said it to be being allowed back in after serving 1 year of a 5 year ban,
Where did you hear / see this ?

The issue of the fan getting past the barriers has been addressed and measures have been put in place for this not to happen again. The problem that night was it took 5 stewards (who usually would have been at the barriers on a normal night) to try and stop fans above the benches leaning over and possibly injuring themselves and others. This lead to having less stewards at the barrier and someone got through. The onus is not on the security staff/Stewards or the club as the individual made the choice to act in the manner in which they did.

There have been many changes to how match nights are run. Some examples, there are stickers along the railings that clearly state that people should not lean on the barriers (however this seems to be ignored, even when reminded by Paul over the PA). There is now a member of the SIA licensed security staff by the benches at the end of the game. A New barrier system has been implimented at the end of each game.

The issue here is the club and its staff came under scrutiny from the local press and one Mr Simms for the events of this night. The actions of this fan are not acceptable and certainly feel that the 5 year ban should remain in place.

I feel this post has now opened up the gates of hell. Enjoy.

skippy said:
devils2001uk said:
Where did you hear / see this ?
It's been said by the banned person himself to several people, it was also mentioned by lots of people in the last few games of the season. Several people heard it last night at the devils farewell thing.
It needs someone from the club to come forward and confirm, as it could be a rumour, off season is full of them lol

Thread starter #10
2 people got banned for the press of the stop button the Sheffield coach few season ago and still are banned I believe

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Temme

MDKWeapons said:
The issue of the fan getting past the barriers has been addressed and measures have been put in place for this not to happen again. The problem that night was it took 5 stewards (who usually would have been at the barriers on a normal night) to try and stop fans above the benches leaning over and possibly injuring themselves and others. This lead to having less stewards at the barrier and someone got through. The onus is not on the security staff/Stewards or the club as the individual made the choice to act in the manner in which they did.

There have been many changes to how match nights are run. Some examples, there are stickers along the railings that clearly state that people should not lean on the barriers (however this seems to be ignored, even when reminded by Paul over the PA). There is now a member of the SIA licensed security staff by the benches at the end of the game. A New barrier system has been implimented at the end of each game.

The issue here is the club and its staff came under scrutiny from the local press and one Mr Simms for the events of this night. The actions of this fan are not acceptable and certainly feel that the 5 year ban should remain in place.

I feel this post has now opened up the gates of hell. Enjoy.

couldn't agree more.

Wasn't aware that more had been done to stop the recurrence of this, I wasn't there on the night ( :( )to see the security dealing with the fans leaning over etc.

To rescind this ban would be a bad move i feel, as if the word gets out about this (which it already appears to have) it would really negatively affect how the devils are perceived in the local community and with long standing fans etc.

We don't want/need this in the sport we love!

I don't hide behind my name on here but I thinj its absolulty ridiculous if the ban is lifted on the fan after what 4 months.

It certainly does not show the Devils in a good light and would imagine the South Wales Echo would be interested.

Wannabe2

Okay waiting to be slated here, what happened on that night should never have happened in a million years, but hey the tension was untrue, Blaze were getting away with murder, We are so passionate in Cardiff sometimes over the top, and who the hell hasnt done something that after the event thought how stupid was that. Myself i think he should be allowed back, the guy isnt a goon he just lost it on that particular night. Remember the person who never made a mistake, never made jack all.

Wagstaff

Can't agree with you Wanabee, but if he did turn up to buy a ticket, would anyone recognise him? So is he just spreading the rumour so that those who do know him accept it if they see him, there's a small piece of what went on in an interview with Benn on the hockey fights site somewhere.

Thread starter #15
Yeah could agree with the comment but this is NOT the first time we had a run in with this fan there been quite a few issues with him

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

KaneDevils

I sort of agree with Wannabe, certainly with the sentiment. But I don't think he should be allowed back yet, he needs to feel punished. In case he does show up before his time, this is he:

Attachments

In relation to wannabe 2..... Cardiff Devils get more than passionate on occasion some get get carried away and are worse than football supporters.To say that it was a one off thing maybe ok by you but have you stood in the rink with your yellow vest on being spat at, shouted at and man handled whether it is the home or away fans, certain people believe their can get away with anything they like because they have bought their ticket and are in the building.Have read the back of your ticket.....NO ONE has the right to the rink if it is BELIEVED they make cause trouble or a disruption. Don`t get me wrong I don`t like people being removed or banned from the rink the Devils need all the support they can get but when people step over the line they have to suffer the penalties issued and if that`s a 5 year ban then so be it.Remember that at the same time a football supporter ran on the field at Sheffield and assualted the goalie (Chris Kirkland) he was arrested and given a prison sentence and banned from all football grounds in England and Wales for life (I believe correct me if I`m wrong) so getting a 5 year ban from the Cardiff rink (he can go to any other Ice hockey venue if he wants) is not so bad !!!!

Big Devil said:
In relation to wannabe 2..... Cardiff Devils get more than passionate on occasion some get get carried away and are worse than football supporters.To say that it was a one off thing maybe ok by you but have you stood in the rink with your yellow vest on being spat at, shouted at and man handled whether it is the home or away fans, certain people believe their can get away with anything they like because they have bought their ticket and are in the building.Have read the back of your ticket.....NO ONE has the right to the rink if it is BELIEVED they make cause trouble or a disruption. Don`t get me wrong I don`t like people being removed or banned from the rink the Devils need all the support they can get but when people step over the line they have to suffer the penalties issued and if that`s a 5 year ban then so be it.Remember that at the same time a football supporter ran on the field at Sheffield and assualted the goalie (Chris Kirkland) he was arrested and given a prison sentence and banned from all football grounds in England and Wales for life (I believe correct me if I`m wrong) so getting a 5 year ban from the Cardiff rink (he can go to any other Ice hockey venue if he wants) is not so bad !!!!
just like to point out the fan didnt assault olsen, so not the same thing. personally I think 5 seasons was too long. but allowing him back now is definitely too short.

nmase20 said:
Big Devil said:
just like to point out the fan didnt assault olsen, so not the same thing. personally I think 5 seasons was too long. but allowing him back now is definitely too short.
The police didn't seem to agree with you, IIRC the police asked olsonif he wished to press charges for assault after viewing the video, Olson declined to press charges. I think the fan should serve at least 3 of the 5 seasons, at the moment he has only served 4 months or so. If it was football he would've been banned for life. 5 seasons is very steep, but 3 seasons is sensible taking everything into account.

houdini said:
nmase20 said:
Big Devil said:
The police didn't seem to agree with you, IIRC the police asked olsonif he wished to press charges for assault after viewing the video, Olson declined to press charges. I think the fan should serve at least 3 of the 5 seasons, at the moment he has only served 4 months or so. If it was football he would've been banned for life. 5 seasons is very steep, but 3 seasons is sensible taking everything into account.
assault? your having a laugh.