Thank you Max

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaneDevils

Just ignore him/her. They have joined the forum for one reason. Ignore them and they will go away.
The resurrected and now locked thread proves that he/she has joined just to wind us up.
As it's a thread for Max leaving after such service, maybe the mods can delete all the stupid posts ( and this one too ;) )

Naive to criticise a coach before a puck has even been dropped and naive to assume that because Maxi was a great player means he would be a great coach.

You say that everyone is disappointed that Lordo is coach. This strikes me as odd as the only player likely to have signed without the knowledge of who the coach is would be Bowns.

Give us facts or get back under your bridge troll.

I joined to say my opinion. I have one.... I'm saying I know he would have returned but it was lords decision to sack him off after all these years and personally I do not see why. He will be an asset to whichever club he joins but a huge loss to us. The troll comments are rather strange. I'm speaking my personal opinion and also in full support of max and do not agree with the decision to lose him which I believe was made on the wrong grounds not based on what it should be. Max: I wish you all the best and lord I'm sorry I disagree with your decision. If that makes me a threat to this thread I am most confused. I also think he deserved a testimonial. Valid points I think.

drainage

Deeday said:
I joined to say my opinion. I have one.... I'm saying I know he would have returned but it was lords decision to sack him off after all these years and personally I do not see why. He will be an asset to whichever club he joins but a huge loss to us. The troll comments are rather strange. I'm speaking my personal opinion and also in full support of max and do not agree with the decision to lose him which I believe was made on the wrong grounds not based on what it should be. Max: I wish you all the best and lord I'm sorry I disagree with your decision. If that makes me a threat to this thread I am most confused. I also think he deserved a testimonial. Valid points I think.
No one is saying he wouldnt have returned if asked the questions you refuse to answer are

What is your evidence Lord has an issue with Max
Why did you re open a Fife vs Cardiff game from 23 Feb thread
Why has your love and respect for Max resulted in all your posts being today

I am not coach or claim to be a can spot a good coach from 40 paces sort of person but am curious as to how you arrived at today's position

He wasn't sacked. He was out of contract. Players move on, I'm sad about it but that is pro sports. He is not the player he was in his prime and is obviously not what the coach is looking for. I love Max and wish him all the best but I think that Faulkner and Mark Smith are bigger losses from last year's team. Max is great great player at times but those times are getting fewer and farther between. Not a criticism, just an observation of the way every sportsman's career goes.

Chris

Administrator
drainage said:
Why did you re open a Fife vs Cardiff game from 23 Feb thread
I think that was because the thread related to the game where Nickerson jumped Lord? I'm not sure why it had to be bumped with the post it was though...

Sheincar

Deeday said:
Max was and still is amazing and we know he would have re signed so why do you think he didn't???? Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see lord wouldn't have handled him. Francis wanted the testimonial for himself. Max should have been signed months ago. Very very bad choice showing in professionalism disloyalty and disrespect to a long standing loyal and fantastic player. Very very poor decision by the 'new management' bad start lord. Bad decision. Max should have been getting his testimonial. 100% he will sign elsewhere and good on him too.
I was most confused by the comment that Franny wanted the testimonial for himself!

Ocko

Thread starter #48
FWIW I would've taken Max over Morisette on playing ability alone but clearly there is a lot more to recruiting than just player X is better than player Y.

Maybe the first game in the new arena could be a joint testimonial with a Max's legends V Voth's, followed by the first competitive game of the senior team after?

jimmy snels

Max WAS a first line player. He did really well for us. Put aside u got to meet him in the bar or do learn to play and you'd have taken him over which of our imports? Simply he was injury prone now days and had more bad than good games. Its pro sports. He wasn't a constant here and left once so why testimonial? Ten years of service for one for me

jimmy snels

Ocko said:
FWIW I would've taken Max over Morisette on playing ability alone but clearly there is a lot more to recruiting than just player X is better than player Y.

Maybe the first game in the new arena could be a joint testimonial with a Max's legends V Voth's, followed by the first competitive game of the senior team after?
Morrisette won us half a dozen points in shoot outs alone. All about squad ballance and max is similar too a couple we already got IMO

Good Luck Max in whatever venture to you now take on.

Great guy on and off the ice - one of the top characters in the game and his story alone on how he ended up a Devil is worth listening to over and over. A real charisma on the ice and on his day was probably the best player in the League.

Unfortunately those days were getting less and less and Max was having a reduced effect on the team as a result. Injuries, suspensions and constant personnel changes were not helping but we all knew that the time would come when Max and the Devils would part ways.

That time has now come, and it is the right call based on the team that has been assembled.

The team this year is very exciting, and you have to look at the imports that we have and ask if Max would do better than any of them. Lord, Franny and Todd have done an outstanding job in recruiting this year and they felt the best way forward is without Max. I don't think we can disagree with that.

The fans love Max for everything he has done for us and he is a converted Welshman now - Sport moves on very quickly and without sentiment and whilst it is sad, this is the right time for Max to move onto pastures new. The fact that he is talked about in terms of genuine "Legend" status for us just shows what we all think about him.

So good luck Max, and thank you for everything you have done on and off the ice for Cardiff. We all hope to still see your face in and around the City.

Morisette is lords best mate.
Max good luck in your future team. They have made a bad decision in losing you but we know many other teams are after you. Good luck buddy.

Have Hope#35

Deeday said:
Morisette is lords best mate. As well as being a very good player of course... Plumpton was good mates with Lord too but he didn't let sentiment get in the way of that decision did he? You need to put a sock in it!
Max good luck in your future team. They have made a bad decision in losing you but we know many other teams are after you. Good luck buddy.
Max was loved by all the fans... It's funny how they can all accept that it was probably the right time for him to move on, and all are wishing him well for the future! It would be nice to see him in a future role with the Devils but this vendetta you seem to have for Lord just makes you look like a pathetic child!

Ocko

Thread starter #55
I've said earlier that I would probably take Max over Jake on ability alone so I agree with you in a sense however there is much more to recruitment than that. It's about fittting in with the system that Lord wants, he might not be as flashy but Jake might have a certain something that Lord wants to utilise. If he is best mates with him so what? Surely that's a good thing right? If he isnt mates with Max or doesnt get on with Max then surely it's just as well that they aren't on the same team? Lord is coach, he's the indispensable one at this present time until results dictate otherwise.

Time will tell and I wish him well but one poor decision in the case in point in MY opinion. Forums are where opinions are aired. No need to get flustered & on the attack. I'm not attacking your opinions am I. I have no problem with your opinions either I just I have my own and am entitled to air them. Max will sign elsewhere and do them proud I am sure. Plumpton has signed for Dundee so good luck to him too.
In conclusion: good luck max and it's their loss. In MY opinion of course....;)

Have Hope#35

Deeday said:
Time will tell and I wish him well but one poor decision in the case in point in MY opinion. Forums are where opinions are aired. No need to get flustered & on the attack. I'm not attacking your opinions am I. I have no problem with your opinions either I just I have my own and am entitled to air them. Max will sign elsewhere and do them proud I am sure. Plumpton has signed for Dundee so good luck to him too.
No one is taking issue with your opinion regarding Max leaving though... It's the other ludicrous stuff that you're coming out with that is the problem ;)

Deeday said:
You say it's your opinion and then act like you know something we don't. This is the third time I'll ask for facts but I don't hold out hope.

By the way, if you had done any reading on this forum at all (and judging by the age of the Fife thread you posted on I would guess you had), you would know that people with the 'I know something you don't' mentality tend to get attacked on here. It's boring.

Temme

Deeday said:
Morisette is lords best mate.
Hi Paul.

ASHIPP

Max has been linked with Sheffield and Braehead. If and where he signs he is wished all the best by Devils' fans.He will be remembered amongst that special group of former Devils'
players that are spoken of even today with affection....tbe Vother, Tyson Teplitsky, Jeff Burgoyne, the early Legends.

Absolutely the right decision for the team..whoever made that decision.

Our new coach and management team are clearly looking to build an entertaining team that work hard and play with speed, aggression and consistency every night. That is what is required to attract fans and keep them. One individual is not bigger than the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.