Thank you Max

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ocko

Thread starter #1
Final signing obviously confirms Max won't be returning. I think he deserves his own thread on here.

Thank you for your service Max, one of the most naturally talented and hard working players we've had. Also, one of our most loyal servants (and longest serving player in the EIHL era?).

I for one will miss seeing #23 in a Devils jersey.

Have Hope#35

Yeah he was someone who deserved a Testimonial... Hopefully he's part of the Devils Organisation in some capacity once he decides to hang up his skates! All the best to him and I hope he has success wherever he ends up... Thanks Max

rocketbob

I wish Max well and thank him for his many years of service to the club. He has given me and I am sure many other Devils fans many hours of entertainment. All the best for your future Max.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Sheincar

Like to echo the above. Love Max and sorry that he's not back but hope he will continue to be involved with the club. Listening to him in Tiger Tiger telling his life story was amazing. Ond of the games real characters..

Finny

Sad to see Max go, but after he wasn't one of the first names not announced as the summer went on it became more and more likely he wasn't returning.

IMO he comes just after Voth in our most important and best players in the EIHL era. On his day he could be the best import in the league but in recent years suspensions and injuries have affected his game and he has become a target for certain players and teams in the league.
I still think he could do a job in the EIHL though so hopefully he will sign for Telford and rumoured so we won't have to face him.

If the Cardiff Devils Hall of Fame goes ahead as suggested in the new arena I don't think it would be too long before Max was inducted.

davew

It only seems like yesterday we saw Max get that hat-trick against the Phoenix in the very first game at the BBT, it really is a shame that he won't be able to see out the BBT ...

Thank you Max, you will be missed! :(

Temme

Gutted that he isn't back.

Probably my favourite Devils player ever.

One of the few guys in the EIHL that knows how to throw a perfect check, and uses his weight very well.

wildthing74

I'm pleased a thread was started for Max and he deserves that for all he has done over the years.
He showed great loyalty just like Vother before him when he could easily have got better deals to leave but pro sport shows no sentiment and rightly so.

From a personal point of view losing Max and a couple of others has been tough but your heart should never rule your head and the club has brought in lots of guys who on paper at least are an upgrade than those let go and if we are to improve and compete we can't stay still. Rightly or wrongly we were a 9th placed team so wholesale changes were inevitable.

I would not be surprised to see Max not play for another team and retire instead.That ofcourse is down to career opportunities.His wish was to retire a Devil it's sad for him the timing meant he didn't get to skate on the new rink.

Thank you Max for being such a loyal servant to the Devils. This guy has stuck by us through thick and thin and with the club now going in the right direction it would have been great to reward him for his commitment to the club. Hopefully there will be a role somewhere within the organisation, would love us to have a few sell outs and maybe afford to run a spare import to cover injuries etc, who better than Max as he can also cover defence if needed.

voth26

all the best for what ever our future holds max, you sure have given us some special moments during your time with the devils. Remember you will always have a place in the devils family and the red army fans hearts. Thnks very much

Koop11

You can cement Max as a Devils legend during the Elite League era. One of the most talented players to play over here at this level. Arguably our best open ice hitter of all time or certainly since Stephen Cooper. His loyalty and commitment to this club during our darker years is something to be celebrated.

Like any great player, there comes a time when club and player go there separate ways. As has already been alluded to, the club is stepping up the recruitment this season and taking a new direction for the future. Thankfully for Max, he hasn’t departed from the club like Voth (injury) or Gerrad (sacked). Max can still play at this level and whilst he hasn’t left us in his prime, he was always a huge contributor to all Devils teams both on and off the ice.

Not sure where he will go from here but a big thank you to Max for his time at this club. He will always be held in high regard.

Thanks Max, always a joy to watch the skills that you have especially those mid ice hits, I wish you the very best in the future wherever you play and hope you remain in your adopted city

KaneDevils

With all the good vibes flying around bad news was inevitable. This is it. One of my favourite devils who we shall mis dearly. All the best Maxi, I hope good fortune follows you in whatever you do.
Thanks for everything!!

I hope that as Max isn't being signed for the Devils that he doesn't sign for another team. It would somehow feel wrong to not be cheering for him if he played for another Elite League side and to my way of thinking he is definitely someone you want playing for you rather than against you

On his day IMO he is the match of anyone in the EIHL in recent years.

For the countless memories and enjoyment you have brought Boom Boom, Thank you very much and I wish you and yours a very healthy successful future.

Ocko

Thread starter #19
I know everyone will have their own take on how testimonials are given out but there have been testimonials given out for less in the past. Mike Ware spent 2 seasons less than Max, Vez spent the same amount playing for us and Voth had a jersey retirement for the same amount of seasons.

With 7 seasons of service, a real workhorse on the ice, unbelievably talented, work for the juniors and LTP and for the way he embraced Cardiff and being Welsh Max is right up there with legends of the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.