Thank you and Goodbye

Thread starter #1
I just wanted to put a short piece on here to let anyone who may be interested know I have left the NIHL Devils.

I have really enjoyed myself and its been a real honour and pleasure to have worn the Devils logo for a few years for a very prestigious club. I will always consider it my club as I have made life long friends of team mates and fans. I would like to personally thank Cudd for all he has done for me in the years I have been there, and who knows maybe we will work together again ;)

I explained to the boys on Thursday my reasons and they accept it. I am yet to play a game this season as I have changed jobs a couple of times and also had my wedding in October. That said, we knew I wasn't going to play till November at the start of the season and when that time came the young lads, had been playing really well and making their mark. I have never been a bit part player, and by that I mean I rarely missed any games home or away and I was at every practice usually earlier than most.

However, I was not able to commit that time anymore and I didn't want to be 'one of those' who just showed up as and when. It's not fair on the guys who are always there and may be getting bumped about lines and losing ice time to accommodate me.

So in a nutshell that's why.

I am still not quite ready to 'hang them up' although many people are saying at my age I should ..... hahaha not yet. I still love the game and feel I can play a bit.... even if those on instagram and snapchat know my love for golf is increasing daily. I will be announced as playing elsewhere next week so I will let my new team do that.

There are too many people to mention but I thank you all for the time , support and memories you gave me as individuals. The players, management, coaching, stewards, photographers, fans and especially the bar staff - I thank you.

Good Luck - no doubt I will still be about in the future anyway so see you then.

Arms 13

#DevilsPride

wildthing74

Good luck Arms.One of the old time hockey guys still knocking around the sport and a credit to the game.It can't have been easy with all the travel and sacrifices made but clearly your love of the game meant you got to play longer than most.Always nice when you get a character player who still always plays with a smile on his face.

kettdevil1

Good luck Arms in whatever you do......as others have said, always brilliant to have a character in the game especially one who has given a lot to hockey in Cardiff, Swindon and elsewhere....

Good luck Arms,just don't go riding your stick past the Cardiff bench to often.It made me laugh when Mr Cornish had a word with you for doing it against the Raiders.