Team so far.............

Thread starter #1
OK so we're starting to see the beginnings of next years team with the resignings. Just for fun how do you think the team will line up in September? Remember we're down 1 import to 10 from last year.

n/m Lyle (B), Myers (B)

D Hartwick(I), Jarvis(I)
Tyson(I)- hope and pray, New Import Dman (I)- maybe Taylor Christie??
Stoney???(B)

F Prpich (I), Smith (I)- more hoping and praying, Elich (I)- rumoured to be in talks
Hill (B), Latulippe (I), Voth(I)
Davies(B), Myers (B), Import forward(I)- Doug Sheppard???

10th forward Franny (B)

Probably way off :lol:

ASHIPP

All pure fiction/speculation based on recent rumours of course it might look like......

N/M
Lyle/Myers

Defence
Hartwick(i)/Jarvis(i)
McIver(i)/new import D?
Stone

Forwards
1. Prpch(i)-Deschatalets(i)-Elich(i)
2. Voth(i)-Hill-Latulippe-(i)
3. Davies-Thompson-import forward?
10th forward is Franny

* DC won't return because of family commitments
** Matt Myers re-signed by Panthers after world championships
***Tyson does decide to retire (praying this does not happen) :cry:

Finny

I've been thinking about this for some time, and the Adams situation had finally made me post.

We've already signed Hartwick and Jarvis. Let's imagine for a second we do re-sign Tyson too. Instead of re-signing MacIver, what if we sign M. Richardson as our 4th defenceman, along with Stoney as 5th.

It gives us the option to sign an import netminder whilst still having 6 import forwards. The drawback would be that if one of our import defenceman got injured we would be in trouble - but if Adams is either going to be a spare import or a spare forward, we can drop him back in when needed.

Hell, you could even go for broke and sign Lyle and Richardson, and then have 7 import forwards!!!!!!

I really can't see us signing Myers currently, I can't see why he would return to play as third line centre, it would certainly be a step back career-wise for him.

Finny

Iceraider said:
I really can't see us signing Myers currently, I can't see why he would return to play as third line centre, it would certainly be a step back career-wise for him.
Unless we are planning to really improve on our 3rd line this season.

As you say though, if Myers was to return I couldn't see him being good enough for the 1st line - and Jay seems pretty settled on that 2nd line.

I guess something like Towe - Myers - Adams/Campbell would be pretty good though.

TheStub

Suppose how strong the third line is. It would be nice to have some real depth, and have a third line that isn't there to make up numbers. Put Myers and Towe together on the third line with G and we may well have a line that is capable of putting up some serious points.

Finny said:
Iceraider said:
Unless we are planning to really improve on our 3rd line this season.

As you say though, if Myers was to return I couldn't see him being good enough for the 1st line - and Jay seems pretty settled on that 2nd line.

I guess something like Towe - Myers - Adams/Campbell would be pretty good though.
I think this is a key point. This is arguablly just as important as finding that 'first line star'. Myers arguably played on Nottingham's third line last year.

Molin - Tessier - Levers
Cook - Myers - Galbraith
Bergin - Richardson - Clarke

For mine they didn't have a third line, just lines that had slightly different functions.

Surprised you would want Lyle if you have any serious hope of winning a championship.

The 4 netminders to win championships in the EIHL. Bronsard, Lehman, Koenig and Miniard. They all have 1 thing in common ... they are about twice as good as Lyle :roll:

J.B said:
Surprised you would want Lyle if you have any serious hope of winning a championship.

The 4 netminders to win championships in the EIHL. Bronsard, Lehman, Koenig and Miniard. They all have 1 thing in common ... they are about twice as good as Lyle :roll:
Giants won 2 cups this year with lyle

Finny

J.B said:
And we got rid of our crap one and signed a good one ... whilst you seem to be doing the opposite :roll:
JB....JB....... as trolls go you have to be one of the worst ones around! :lol:

Lyle might not be as good as Aubry - be he is still better than JF Perras. Plus, Lyle was unfortunate to be behind the most offensive D in the league. Great for the fans to watch - but a netminders nightmare.

I can only assume you are getting the digs in now because you are worried that the Devils might finally be back and you won't have a chance to gloat once the season starts.

ASHIPP

J.B said:
Finny said:
Burgy said:
Giants won 2 cups this year with lyle
Which is 2 more than the Blaze won with their choice of netminder last season...........
And we got rid of our crap one and signed a good one ... whilst you seem to be doing the opposite :roll:
Hang on a minute, J.B. - I don't understand your reasoning here. Coventry also signed Deschatalets who's a VERY good one and now it's rumoured the Blaze don't want him anymore! :lol:

Wannabe2 said:
J.B said:
And you still won jack s--t.
I'm talking about next season :?

We got rid of our netminder who despite taking us to 2nd, wasn't quite up to our high standards and have signed the Danish International netminder.

You have taken the core of a mid-table team and are now talking about adding a netminder who is worse than the one that took you to 5th.

So yes Finny. I am pretty scared. It could well be time to dig out those party poppers that you have been saving from the last decade :lol:

Chris

Administrator
How can he be worse? They won 2 trophies and finished above us...

If you want to keep trolling J.B, go find another forum instead of acting like an arse on here.

Chris.